Dear Project of the Month-ers,
Here’s what you’ve been up to:
July 2010 donations: $720 from 31 members
Where it went: Support Amputee Soccer in Sierra Leone
In just one month, you provided the following for amputee soccer players:
• One set of forearm crutches;
• Education or a micro credit loan for two amputees;
• Three uniforms;
• Two soccer balls; and,
• Two pairs of protective gloves to use with the forearm crutches.
This means that you have:
• Improved self-confidence and self-esteem of amputees;
• Improved the health of amputees;
• Provided opportunities for economic self-sufficiency for amputees;
• Fostered peace and rebuilding in Sierra Leone following years of devastating war; and,
• Helped increase the acceptance of amputees in their society.
Thanks for making all that possible!
And what until you see what’s in store for August, when you support: Restore Eye Sights to 500 Bangladeshis
Blindness is widespread in Gaibandha district in Bangladesh, where people are very poor. Karmirhath endeavors to provide surgery to correct cataracts and has already completed 40 operations and hope to do many more.
The impact is immense. The people who regain their eyesight become immediately productive, with one man reporting, “I am now able to go back to my profession of tailoring and earn livelihood for my family.” Then there are the psychological gains for the patients and their families. One patient saw his two-years-old grandson for the first time thanks to the surgery,
We’ll be in touch next month to let you know how your participation in Project of the Month made a difference in Bangladesh.