Knowledge contest between workers
Regarding fundraising activities, during this reporting period, we received an additional $50 from an individual sponsor, raising the total amount raised through Global Giving to $629.9.
As for the implementation of activities, the review workshop and knowledge contest, which was held on August 17, 2019, officially closed activities in phase 3 of the project.
Compared to the time frame set out, the project's activities ended before the time being actively implemented by local partners, along with the enthusiastic response of companies as well as workers.
Here are the results that the project has achieved:
- Training for trade union officials and health workers:
- 50 participants have been trained on information skills related to nutrition, reproductive health and mental health.
- 50 participants have been trained on social marketing of birth control pill and condom
- Communication for employees: 3,138 turn of workers attended 20 communications sessions on mental health, reproductive health and nutrition for women of reproductive age as well as children in the golden age.
- Mobile reproductive health examination: 800 female workers have been examined and advised, of which 123 cases have been found to be infected and abnormal in the reproductive tract. This activity received coordination and professional assurance from the Vinh Phuc Center for Disease Control and a private clinic.
- Social marketing of birth control pill and condom: 1,620 workers in 10 companies have access to marketing activities, of which 4 companies have officially placed orders to redistribute to workers.
- Knowledge contest and project summation conference: 60 delegates including trade union officials at all levels, workers, experts and press agencies attended. The participants in this activity not only review their knowledge but also entertain themselves after stressful working days.
Share thoughts on the results that the project has brought, Ms. Nguyen Thi Thuy Ha, Vice Chairman of Trade Union of Vinh Phuc Province, said that “the project has helped workers, especially female workers, know how to protect themselves, contributing to creating future generations to meet the requirements of integration and development of the country. The Trade Union of Vinh Phuc province hopes to continue to accompany the project in the next stages”.
With the results achieved, and with the support of donors, we will implement phase 4 of the project in 2020. We will introduce in detail the activities of phase 4 in the next report. We hope that our sponsors will continue to accompany us on this project.
DKT sponsor attended a communications session
A communications session on mental health