We started the school year helping 3,124 children of limited resources to have classes on financial, social and entrepreneurship education. We are working in 13 schools, located in 5 states of Mexico.
How are these children distributed by grade level?
PRIMARY: 2,606 kids
SECUNDARY: 451 young students
HIGH SCHOOL: 67 students
ACTIVITIES PERFORMED UNTIL TODAY:
In the second semester the students will begin to plan their group endeavor to present it at the end of the school year.
We are very excited to see the result.
Thanks for the support you have given us, none of this would be possible without your help!!
"Social and Financial Entrepreneurship" born as an initiative of EDUCA to raise the educational level of students and promote skills such as: creativity, innovation, critical thinking, collaboration, trust and leadership in low-income children.
Its of utmost importance to sow the entrepreneurial spirit in children of limited resources, since its through the development of social and entrepreneurial skills in terms of planning and administration of resources, that it can be achieved changes in the economic, social, educational and cultural reality of the most vulnerable communities.
95% of the first and second grade primary school children were trained in Financial Education.
105 enterprises generated during the school year.
Through the courses provided by EDUCA, 905 parents training and raising awareness about the importance of Social and Financial Education.
2017 Entrepreneurs Fair with the participation of 6 schools, 272 children and the presentation of 33 enterprises.
ACTIVITIES COMPLETE WITH CHILDREN:
1. Visit to the Interactive Museum of Economics (MIDE): In order to reinforce issues such as decision making, distinction of needs and desires, responsible consumption and resource management, 203 children visited the Interactive Museum of Economics, MIDE.
2. Family Savings Contest: In order to reinforce and replicate the good practices learned during the Social and Financial Education program, EDUCA organized a family savings contest of natural and financial resources. 83 families participated.
The Limón Duran family was the winner in the contest, they live in Chimalhuacán, State of Mexico. It is a family of 5 members whose father is a merchant.
They provided a description of the saving strategies that as family they implemented to achieve a significant reduction in energy consumption. Among the strategies they mention: turning off lights and lamps when they are not in use, turning off all electronic devices at night, turning on set TV times.
3. 256 children visited a bank. They made a tour in the facilities to know how a bank works as well as the financial products and saving instruments for children and adults.
4. Children saving: The children made a magical piggy banks for individual and collective savings. The savings are linked to the group's financial or social entrepreneurship. To control this savings, the treasurer of the kids club is the one who has a general savings book in which records the children's contributions with dates and amounts. The amount of savings varies according to the goals of each enterprises, the frequency of savings is weekly and the contribution is on average $ 10.00 (MXP). The percentage of savings in the children participating in the Program is between 68% and 70%.
5. Children financial or social entrepreneurship: Throughout the school year, all children develop problem-solving strategies that are presented at their school or in their community. In this way, in a group, they develop a enterprises that propose innovative and creative solutions.105 ventures were generated:
8% was community support
21% support your own school
7% support for other non-profit organizations
2% to the care of animals of the street
47% on environmental care issues
11% health issues
We have already started the new school year and EDUCA Foundation is ready to continue supporting more children.
Join and give to our project!
HELP 650 AT-RISK CHILDREN IN MEXICO STAY IN SCHOOL
This EDUCA´s project seeks to promote in children skills such as: Creativity and innovation, Critical thinking and Collaboration. Its of utmost importance to sow the entrepreneurial spirit in children of limited resources, since its through the development of social and entrepreneurial skills in terms of planning and administration of resources, that can be achieved changes in the economic, social, educational and cultural reality of their communities.
At the beginning of the school year the teachers had training about the program, also EDUCA made a presentation of the workbooks, objectives and planning of the activities to be carried out during the school year.
During this school year EDUCA has been working with these 650 children teaching them the following formative axes of the program:
2. Identification of needs
3. Methodology for the design of enterprises
4. Methodology for the implementation of enterprises
5. Evaluation of enterprises
Each child has received 18 hours of training and a workshop on social and financial education.
At the end of the school year students carry out a project in a group or individual way. We encourage the continuity of 6 projects through the provision of economic support for necessary materials or inputs contemplated in the project planning.
In this first stage of follow-up to winning projects, each of the projects received the amount of $ 10,000.00 (Mexican pesos) that will be used to purchase materials and supplies to start the venture.
We present three examples of the ventures generated by students:
1. Generate healthy life strategies that allow to attack the problem of obesity in Mexico, through lifestyles that are framed within the context of sustainability, care for the environment and self-recognition, so that it can generate a Self empowerment and a social impact within their close community, avoiding long-term health problems.
2. Promote the care, rescue and dissemination of endemic plant species of Chiapas, especially the chipilín, which is used as part of the community's gastronomy, by exploiting the species as raw material and its application in a financial undertaking that allows to transform the species into products of social benefit, safeguarding the species of the region and generating an attitude of respect and protection to the environment at all times.
3. Help to make people aware that they can adopt a dog and not buy one, this project will work with an association that is already dedicated to solving problems related to these defenseless animals.
At the end of the school year we will know the results of the projects and the objectives of new projects generated in the following weeks.