An almost certain bet to improve the quality of education, is the teacher training. Due to its importance and the fact that the EDUCA NETWORK schools can´t invest in theachers training, We have been organizing the EDUCA Congress for 15 years.
Congress Logistics 2018
Attendees: 820 teachers and directors of the EDUCA NETWORK
• Master lectures3 in total, 1 daily on the strategic axes of the Congress.
• Workshops25 simultaneous workshops for 30-35 teachers, with a duration of 8 hours each. The workshops will be segmented by educational level (pre-school, primary and secondary-high school) and functions within the institution (principals, teachers, operational and administrative staff).
1. Social-emotional skills.They are fundamental for the personal, social and intellectual development of all people, combining personal and social skills that people build throughout their lives and that allow them to express and express emotions, as well as recognize, respect and respond constructively to emotions of third parties.
2. Key learnings.A key learning is a set of knowledge, practices, skills, attitudes and fundamental values that contribute to the overall growth of the student. They are developed specifically in the school and if they are not learned they leave difficult gaps to compensate in crucial aspects for their life (SEP, 2017).
3. Autonomy of school management.School management is a process that seeks to strengthen the proper functioning of schools through institutional autonomy, that is, schools have the capacity to make decisions that allow them to improve their areas of opportunity.
4. Innovative educational practices of the EDUCA NETWORK.It is understood as an innovative educational practice to a set of activities that seeks to improve a specific situation or solve a problem identified in the learning of students, coexistence or school management, through the incorporation of elements or processes that they have not been used before in the context in which they were planned and carried out (INEE, 2013).
Thanks to the support of the GIN Foundation of GIN Group, 200 children were able to visit the Interactive Museum of Economics (MIDE) to celebrate Children's Day and to add to the knowledge that this project gives them.
During the visit they could learn:
1. Well-being depend: In general terms, we could say that it depends on whether we are healthy, that we have a good diet, as well as a roof, clothing and education.
2. Finances: All the activities that people, companies and governments perform to obtain money, manage it and save it in order to satisfy wants and needs.
3. Basic principles of economics: Savings, insurance, financial institutions, inflation, etc. How to achieve your goals to improve your personal well-being and that of the society. People, families and society in general must decide how best to use the resources we have to meet our needs and desires.
We started the school year helping 3,124 children of limited resources to have classes on financial, social and entrepreneurship education. We are working in 13 schools, located in 5 states of Mexico.
How are these children distributed by grade level?
PRIMARY: 2,606 kids
SECUNDARY: 451 young students
HIGH SCHOOL: 67 students
ACTIVITIES PERFORMED UNTIL TODAY:
In the second semester the students will begin to plan their group endeavor to present it at the end of the school year.
We are very excited to see the result.
Thanks for the support you have given us, none of this would be possible without your help!!