Relief goods packed and transported
1014 voiceless people without political influence who could not receive any assistance after the floods of December 2015 were selected by VOICE Trust in collaboration with local NGOs like PMSSS, HESAT, Kalai Pattarai and need assesment was done for procuring useful materials which could enable them to move forward in flood recovery processes:
- Kurinchikudi - Valasakadu villages, Cuddalore District in collaboration with HESAT - 204 families
- Kalkunam - Kurinchipaadi villages, Cuddalore District in collaboration with PMSSS - 100 families
- Bhuvanagiri - Pitchavaram villages, Cuddalore District in collaboration with Kalai Pattarai - 150 families
- Ekkaduthangal - Chennai in collaboration with Kalai Pattarai - 150 families
- Salligramam - Chennai in collaboration with Kalai Pattarai - 160 families
- Resource poor School Children in collaboration with Kalai Pattarai - 100 students
- River bank villages bordering Kumbakonam area in collaboration with Kalai Pattarai - 150 families
Relief and Recovery packages where given to 804 flood affected families with Tarpaulin sheets to be used as temporary roof for the huts damaged by floods, rice in cloth bag with words : "Take up cloth bags - Give up plastics" and cloth bags will become manure but plastics will add to toxicity, wheat, cooking oil, grocery items, cooking vessels and bucket.
100 flood families of Kalkunam - Kurinchipaadi villages are given goats to confidently move forward in life by increasing income generation for 100 flood affected families.
150 homeless people of Eakattuthangal are supported with cooking stoves since they found it difficult to use firewood at night for fear of fire accidents
100 school children from resource poor families affected by floods in Chennai are assisted with school bags along with confidence building resource materials to boost them in their studies at this hour of crisis.
Thanks to Friends and well wishes who helped VOICE Trust through Global Giving for extending relief and recovery for flood affected families. We appreciate your concern for giving a new start in life after the great loss due to floods in December 2015.
True, we had huge applications from flood affected families. But, we had to restrict to 1014 families including 100 school Children. We had to organize hall meetings to deliver the goods in an orderly manner.Some families organized local transportation to take home the relief goods. Others are making alternate arrangements.
Relief goods for flood affected families
Hall meeting in progress with banner
Different items in relief goods
Living conditions of benficiaries
People collecting relief goods and taking home