Offering food to those in need.
TEMPORARY HOUSING FOR HOMELESS YOUTH
January 1st - March 31st, 2016
Aim of the Project:
The project "Temporary Housing for Homeless Youth" offers on a weekly basis, shelter to our fellow homeless citizens in our Partner Hostel in the center of Athens. This project provides support to people who live on the streets and have to cope with:
- Extreme weather conditions (low temperature, rain)
- The absence of the necessary personal hygiene
- Lack of feeling secure and of personal time
1. Program “Adoption of an Emfasis Social Street Worker”:
In order to make our program run efficiently we proceeded to 2 volunteer adoptions for a total work of 3 months (January-February-March).
- Adoption of an Emfasis’ Volunteer 1 (Senior Street Worker): 1.200,00 €
- Adoption of an Emfasis’ Volunteer 2 (Junior Street Worker): 750,00 €
TOTAL COST: 1.950,00 €
2. Supporting the actions of Mobile Support Unit (January –March 2016):
- Cost of fuels for our 2 Mobile Support Units: 150,00 €
- Daily receiving from Super Markets and Mini Stores (food and personal hygiene products ): 80,00 €
TOTAL COST: 230,00 €
3. We offered temporary hospitality to 23 beneficiaries at our Partner Hotels.
The cost per night was 20,00 €.
- To 8 Beneficiaries we offered Temporary Hospitality for 1 night.
- To 4 Beneficiaries we offered Temporary Hospitality for 2 nights.
- To 11 Beneficiaries we offered Temporary Hospitality for 3 nights.
TOTAL COST FOR 23 BENEFICIARIES: 980,00 €
The beneficiaries who participated in the program were 23 in total.
Mrs. A. hosted for 2 nights. She is a refugee from Syria. We offered her and her baby accommodation until she departs for Eidomeni.
Mr. P. hosted for 1 night. He passed out due to malnutrition. So, we offered him accommodation in order to recover.
Mr. X. hosted for 3 nights. He was in need of taking care his personal hygiene. After his accommodation he departed for the country so as to be hosted by his cousin.
Mrs. M. hosted for 1 night. She needed, as well, to take care of her personal hygiene. The exact next day, she had a job interview and eventually, she got hired.
In the meantime, participants received material and psychological support, as well as employment advisory by Emfasis Social Support Corner and continued individual meetings with the Street Work team.
On giving Dignity to Human Life!
Taking notes of personal needs.
Emfasis Mobile Support Unit's equipment
Helping people with special needs.
Both of Mobile Support Units.
Providing psychological support.
Covering basic needs.
Providing support on refugees.
Providing books to the homeless.