ACTIVITY IN PROGRESS LI
While education is at the core of our efforts to bring in greater inclusivity and mainstreaming the marginalized, however enhancing employability and the ability to earn so that children can continue to learn is equally important. We have been running several employability enhancement initiatives covering the youth, women, farmers, tribal communities under our umbrella program, Karigari, since 2002. Till date we have covered more than 15000 people under this program, training them on various skills.
Karigari, focuses on enhancing the employability of members of the communities that we engage with. Since its launch in 2002, we have trained more than 100,000 people on various vocational skills, in line with their interests to improve their chances of getting employed. Our training modules include,
- Computer courses certified by National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (GoI),
- Hardware & Mobile Repairing
- CNC training/Electrician/AC & Refrigeration
- Stitching, embroidery, recycled paper product making, block printing, tie & die, and making costume jewellery
- Beauty & Spa Therapy
- Pattal plate manufacturing
- Eco/Social-tourism, Home Stay Hospitality
- Organic Farming, Vermi Culture & Kitchen Garden
- Bakery & Cooking
- General Duty Nursing
- Candle making
- E- Mitra
Project Undertaken this Quarter has been unique in nature, that is teaching & skilling students about the basics of Mobile phone repairing. Some of the key components that learnt by this course included: Identifying various components of a mobile phone, Fault finding and troubleshooting of faults, Identify & repairing faults related to battery, mic, speaker, connectors, antenna, display, network, camera and bluetooth functions, Understand both the hardware and software components of a mobile phone, Practical procedures for safety and health hazards.
Activities Undertaken during period
- Selection of Candidates
- Aptitude Test
- Mapping & assessing the existing skills among youth beneficiaries in computers.
- Syllabus / Module
- Preparation of Lesson Plans for each Module
- Besides Regular Classes, Professional Volunteers Support
- Session for Business set up / Capital / Loan
- Need analysis of market and Customers by Candidate
- Set up shop in the community
Curriculum & Learning material
The program covered both hardware and software repairs. The training started from basic knowledge of electronics and up to advanced troubleshooting of problems. A candidate has been provided in-depth training with practical experience on all major topics. After completing our mobile repairing course, the trainee is easily able to repair both GSM and CDMA smartphones.
Its helping trainees to make a career in it either by working as a technician at a service centre or by setting up his own mobile phone repair business.
Topics covered in our mobile repairing course
- How to use various tools and equipment
- Disassembling and assembling of various mobile phone models
- Study of parts of a mobile handset
- Checking of various parts and components
- Study of motherboard
- Study of circuit diagrams of various models
- Explanation of various ICs (chips)
- Replacing of ICs
- How to solder and desolder
- Jumpering techniques
- Replacing ports, connectors, switches, etc.
- Replacing cracked screens and LCDs
- Software installation.
- Unlocking of various handsets
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting of faults
Salient features of our mobile phone repair course
- Training is provided by experienced instructors
- Training starts with basic electronics
- More emphasis on practical training
- Well maintained lab with latest tools and equipment
- Certificate of completion of course
- Free technical support
Neeraj is able to offer a professional service to ensure that your phone gets fixed without any hassles. He is able to use all the latest tools and equipment’s to carry out repairs. He is also able to repair all brands of smartphones including iPhone, Samsung, Sony, Motorola, Microsoft, LG, etc.
Neeraj is able to learn & Repair
- Dead handsets
- Water damaged phones
- Broken screens
- Signal related issues
- Charging issues
- Corrupt Software
- Speaker / Microphone Faults
- Dropped or physically damaged handsets
- Flashing and upgrading of the operating system.
Name: Neeraj Location: Delhi India
Neeraj always wears a warm smile on his face and had no vision for a career after grade X exam. His father is a labourer and thus the financial condition of the family is miserable at the ever-increasing expensive economy & lack of resources proved a hindrance in continuation of his studies.
Neeraj has been counselled to join a skill training program offered by Literacy India. He joined the course along with other classmates. Few drop out mid of course, but he continued till course completion. After completion of course, he has been providing guidance to set up Shop in the community along one computer set along soft loan to start the business.
Neeraj is running the shop successfully and earning Rs.200 to 300/ day. He is today a much-satisfied individual. Suraj pays the credit to Literacy India and feels that now he has a track of his future. LI wishes him all the best for future and hopes to see him working hard to realize his dreams.
As told by Neeraj “ I never thought that I will be skilled and will be an owner of a shop” Now I am self-dependent and I feel privileged from my other community mates.”