Crochet Training at the Aygepar Community Center
So much going on along the Sari Janaparh!
Let's bring you up to date on the latest developments that are ongoing due to wonderful donors from around the world.
- The Aygepar Community Center (ACC) in the village of Aygepar is in full swing with the pyscho-social community development training program finished and both crochet and sewing projects established through the center. They have adopted the brand name of Aygezart which you will see more of soon! Already Aygezart has presented a pillow cover with the three Finnish symbols of Christmas (Faith, Hope, Love) embroidered on it. And, they have an order for dozens of Norwegian Christmas cushion covers, too! Our warmest thanks go out to the donors from Sweden! Our goal on this is for the ACC to become a subcontractor for large clothing factories in the Yerevan area who are having trouble finding skilled seamstresses. By pulling in women from not only Aygepar, but neighboring Nerkin Karmiraghyur and Tavush villages, we can create a viable production unit, creating critically needed jobs for women in those villages. Then when this model works, we start a similar production unit up the hill in Artsvaberd.
- The Berd Women's Resource Center is quickly developing in Berd with the five bed and breakfast rooms in the third floor completed, and a donation from Finland being received to complete the Training of Trainers Center up under the roof. And in the garden, another donor has funded the construction of a ponics greenhouse. Amazing progress!
- Also in Berd, the TUMO center for Creative Technologies was visited by their donor from the USA. Dozens of kids are there every day to learn new skills within programming, graphics and more, equipping them for the modern labor market.
- In the village of Tavush, the Real Tavush Bed and Breakfast has just finished the entire kitchen and veranda area downstairs with funding from a donor in the USA, and just this morning we have received word that the upstairs bath and rooms with be renovated by another donation from the USA.
- We also know that an educational ponics greenhouse system will be built in the village of Nerkin Karmiraghbyur, financed by an Austrian donor.
So, the activity level along the Sari Janaparh is rapidly rising! A lot more things to see in ponics systems, Tumo, hiking, red book berry plant farming. And, lot more places to stay, with modern bed and breakfasts in Tavush village, Berd and Artsvaberd.
There are a lot of other projects coming up in the region, so please keep up your support for HDIF's efforts to bring a bit of prosperity to this forgotten bordering region.
Mom at the Community Development Training
Finnish Ambassador Receives First ACC Product
Visitors at the New Real Tavush Bed and Breakfast
The Happy Owners of Real Tavush Bed and Breakfast
The New Real Tavush Bed and Breakfast Veranda
The Donors Visiting Tumo Learning Center in Berd