In 2018, we raised $6,585 on GlobalGiving, this was due to your generous donations. $740 of this was driven by the GlobalGiving team through bonus prizes, matching money, corporate partnerships, gift card redemptions, and marketing efforts. We had a total of 68 donors from around the world. Your love and support as donors are what helps us continue our work.
We started off 2019 fresh and enthusiastic, and was thrilled to hear from Global Giving that Abundance was given three recognitions: "Top Ranked Organization", "Vetted Organization" and "Effective Organization". These awards were based on ranking from our donors/supporters, our participation in the Global Giving campaign, sending reports on time and undertaking learning sessions online to become a more effective organization.
The update regarding the eLearning center is as follows:
1. We have set up solar power at the eLearning Center
2. We supplied furniture to the eLearning center
3. We supplied the Rachel device to the Center
4. We deployed 50 keepods to users and 100 more to be deployed this year. (We had initially promised 45 keepods, but thanks to the discounted rate, we were able to get 150 keepods)
5. We supplied three laptops to the center, two more to be supplied. The procurement for two laptops is planned for this coming week.
6. We undertok three training sessions with the users of the center in the village by a qualified trainer. Many more regular training sessions are planned for 2019.
7. We are planning maintenance of the solar equipment- These coming week engineers from Power-Aid, our solar power supplier would be undertaking maintenance of the solar power system.
We will keep you posted of all the developments at the center through such reports and our facebook page.
Hope you all heard the radio interview by Ruth and Brett about this project? It is on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ZqPKKm9YE&t=2s
Thank you for your support and we hope your 2019 will be amazing.