2019 EbonyIda Foundation Donation Chair Members
EBONYIDA FOUNDATION PROPOSED PLAN ON THE IMPLEMETATION OF SCHOOL SUPPLIES PROGRAM FOR 50 STUDENTS IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN BENIN CITY, NIGERIA FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL TERM OF 2020/2021 ACADEMIC SESSION
Education is a human right and is central to achieving many other sustainable development outcomes. A quality basic education gives children and youth the knowledge and skills they need to face daily life challenges while taking advantage of economic and lifelong learning opportunities. It is also a key factor for reducing poverty, fostering economic growth, achieving gender equality and social development.
These benefits are even greater when support is given to education and targeted toward the less privileged vulnerable children in society. To enhance the educational demands, EbonyIda Foundation is sponsoring school supplies to 50 less privilege children in Benin City, Nigeria. The school supplies will include books, uniform, school bag and writing materials. These supplies will be donated to the less privileged students with high demand needs.
Five public primary schools within Benin City metropolitan areas were carefully selected for the donations which will satisfy the education needs of 50 students.
SELECTED SCHOOL NAMES:
- Emotan Primary School-Dawson Road
- Adesuwa Primary School-Dawson Road
- Iguodala Primary School- M.M.Way
- Olua Primary School, Uselu-Chair
- Ogbe Primary School, Ogbe Quarter.
VERIFIED COST OF SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR SCHOOLS VISITED
Uniforms $25 x 50 students = $1,250
Notebook (1 dozen) $15 x 50 students = $750
Notebook (½ dozen) $10 x 50 students = $500
Shoes $20 x 50 students = $1,000
School Bag $15 x 50 students = $750
Writing Materials $15 x 50 students = $750
GRAND TOTAL $5,000 (VERIFIED COST ESTIMATED DONATION TO 5 SCHOOLS)
MODE OF BENEFITIARY SELECTION:
Selection of beneficiaries will be determined by working with the head of schools (Head Mistress/Head Master). The selecting officials know every student and their pre-existing constraints to basic school supplies. Once the names of the students are selected, the EbonyIda Foundation’s staff will conduct a follow up interview of the selected students. The interview will ensure their poverty levels meet the needs for the donation.
NUMBER OF BENEFITIARIES:
Ten (10) students from the selected five (5) schools for a total of fifty (50) students will benefit from the EbonyIda Foundation.
The project will begin in May 2020 with preliminary preparations and logistics. The project will end in September 2020 when the school opens for the new academic session. A ceremony will be held at each school granting the participants with their school supplies.
PROPOSED LOGISTIC COST:
1. A proposal of $100 per child for a total of $5000 as the budget for school supplies for 50 students. Also as part of ways to promote the good deeds, the foundation name and logo will be printed on the distributed notebooks.
2. There will be allocated funds for the printing of T-shirts for staff including the foundation name and logo. The shirt's will be given to 5 staff for helping with the program arrangement. The T-shirts will be worn for the foundation events that will be set in the future. The T-shirts will cost $10 each for the shirt for (5) members to a budget of $50.
3. The cost of transportation to schools and other logistic vendors is budgeted for $85.
4. The video coverage and documentary/photograph is budgeted for $138.
5. The flex banner for photos as the backstage is budgeted at $70.
6. The estimated personnel incentives for five volunteers is budgeted at $15 each for a total of $75.
7. The estimate for miscellaneous items for the staff is estimated for $15.
GRAND TOTAL $5,433.00 (Estimated cost for the donations provided by the Foundation)