Karishma received 72.14% on terminal exam.
It’s our great pleasure to share with you friends the Quarterly progress report of SDO-Nepal’s child-home-orphanage for the duration of 27 November 2022 to 27 March, 2023 as follows:
1) Karishma is from very remote area of Mugu. She is quite confident as per her age. She has been electing as class MONITOR of class-7 continuously since 4 years. Her school teachers loves and trust her and hence, seeks assistance of Karishma on every school activities. She received 72.14% marks on her last Terminal exam. She also participated on debate competition and won 1st-Prize at school and rewarded with copy and pens.
Karishma is very industrious, well disciplined and very eager on singing and dancing. Now, she is boundless happy at her great achievement and every day’s life that she is spending.”
We heartily thanks to all kind friends for your love and support and providing new life to Karishma.
2) Serfule studying at level-3 is awarded with APPRECIATION CERTIFICATE on "Digital Saathi” a digital literacy course (12 weeks) conducted by Triyog High School.
3) Our girl PEMBA and Team won 1st-POSITION on KABADDI GAME ( contact team sport ) and awarded with MEDAL and APPRECIATION CERTIFICATE which was organized by Tokha Municipality among the high schools located within this Municipality. Now, Pemba is studying at class-7.
4) Srijana and Karishma of class-7 prepared the project-work on science to present on their class.
5) Our 2 beautiful girls SRIJANA and KARISHMA studying at class-7 participated on 3-days long INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP on “child rights and contemporary issues facing by children “ organized by Tokha Municipality, Kathmandu.
6) A team from Women and children section of Tokha Municipality visited orphanage and monitored all the status of SDO-orphanage as mentioned in government rules and regulations.
7) During winter vacation, we organized a dry picnic to children. We cooked all the food items at Orphanage and took it at picnic spot. Children danced, played, sang and climbed on trees and enjoyed at forest areas with delicious food items.
8) PRATIKSHA and ROSHANI of class-6 and SABITA of class-4 participated on Folk dance with traditional costumes at PARENT’s DAY ceremony on school.
9) PRIYA and SERFULE celebrated their BIRTHDAY jointly . In their lifetimes, this is the FIRST TIME they celebrated their birthday with cutting cake with all children like this way.
10) You know well, we are living in a rented hut. Now, it was badly discolored and mosses seemed in walls. So , we colored it . Now it is looking beautiful and clean.
11) Children celebrated Holi the festival of colors, Merry-Christmas , New-Year and Maghe Sakranti feast and festivals with great joys.
12) Children are managing the kitchen garden nicely which is being the learning place and also helping to reduce the costs of vegetables in some extents.
13) Financial status:
During this period we paid for food /water/ hygiene -$ 980, dress/clothes/shoes- $ 170, School Fee- $ 63 ,Electricity/ Internet/telephone/ cable charges, paid-$ 72 , stationery/ calculators-$ 65, medicines-$5, Dust bins-$13, Care-Giver salary paid- $ 280. House rent paid- $ 760.
14) Our kind Gratitude and Acknowledgements:
i) We are always Grateful to our most-respected-DONORS for your precious DONATIONS through GlobalGiving to ensure the lives of these children !
ii) Similarly, we are also thankful to you all beloved friends for your love and support with cash, foods, cloths stationery and accessories at our office to ensure the lives of these children.
THANK YOU ALL!!
Dear friends, from the love and support from all of you, our hopes are sprouting and getting encouragement to protect more needy children and run the orphanage sustainably. But, due to the highly increasing market prices of the basic necessities day by day and rapidly increasing education costs, it is being hard to provide the fundamental needs to our orphans and abandoned children.
Dear friends, for your kind information, we are participating on GlobalGiving’s little by little campaign which will last 5 days from April 3 at 00:00:00 EDT to 7 April at 23:59:59 EDT. There is 50% match on every donations upto $50 and matching fund is unlimited i.e. matching fund will not run out during the campaign. Similarly, there is 100 % match( on first month) on monthly recurring donations. Your worthy donations will fully utilize to provide the basic needs to the children protected at this orphanage. You can make your precious donations through our PROJECT LINK at GlobalGiving.
Your every donation is precious and will bring the significant changes on the life of these orphans and abandoned children. we look forward for your continuous support, encouragement and hoping that you will spread your kind words to your lovely family and friends to support on our Cause. These are also your own children.
Before closing, we SDO members and all the children would like to extend our heartiest thanks to GlobalGiving Team, Our valued Donors and Supporters who have been supporting to our children!
Please take care and stay safe.
With kind gratitude !
Pemba won 1st position with medal on Kabaddi game
Serfule displaying digital literacy certificate.
Pratikshya, Rosani and Sabita ready for folk-dance
Priya and Serfule celebrated birthday first time.
Children enjoying picnic at park.