| Jan 3, 2024
Reflecting on 2023, a year full of accomplishments
Dear donor, please receive a warm greeting. Thank you for your contribution, we are thrilled to have your support. Through your donation we have been able to serve quality health care services to thousands of children living in the underserved communities of the Punta Cana region. You truly make the difference to those children and we are extremely grateful!
This and all the reports to follow will update you on our progress and how your donation is been invested in this social initiative.
It is so rewarding to arrive at the pediatric center any given morning and see so many children in need receiving medical attention and the alleviation on their mothers' faces as well.
Currently 100% of the medical services are available. The patient service hours are from 8:00am to 4:00 pm, from Monday to Friday. Emergency is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays
Nowadays the clinic continues offering health prevention programs, outpatient consultations, ambulance, dental care, vaccination, x ray services, emergency, laboratory, nutrition program (together with UNICEF and “Sanar una Nación”), pharmacy, ultrasound, staff training program.
From January to December 2023 the center served 31,857 patients
The areas with the highest flow of patients are emergency, pediatric consultations, laboratory and vaccination.
The most common medical cases in the last months: Respiratory infections, febrile syndrome, skin infections, injuries from external causes and gastrointestinal disorders.
In the last months the center held the following activities:
- Deworming day for children under 5 years of age
- Vitamin A prophylaxis day
- Influenza vaccination day
- Preventive dental health talks
- Staff attendance at a talk on neurodevelopment
- Christmas breakfast and gifts day
Please see the pictures attached to this report
There are still goals to achieve in this stage of the project:
- Purchase the needed medical equipment and furniture: Additional desktop computers, transducer and printer for ultrasound machine, batteries for the portable x ray machine, additional sterilizer and vacuum cleaner for the emergency area, new seating sets for the waiting area, among others.
- Purchase and implement a software to improve the administrative efficiency
- Expand the staff training program
- Increase the supply of medical materials and medications.
Looking forward you continue to partner with us!
In the upcoming months we will keep you updated on the progress of our project. If you have any comment, advice or question, please let us know and we will respond as best we can.
Thank you very much again for your support!
Best wishes !