Final Version of the Balcony
As mentioned in our September report, we are thrilled to show you the final version of the balcony of our training center. This means:
- stability: we no longer have to move from one place to another to deliver capacity building programs
- sympathy: we can provide a place to some of our female beneficiaries
- security: we no longer have to reach unsafe areas
- unity in diversity: we will be able to deliver the same format, resources to all beneficiaries. Some of our beneficiaries had to use their legs as a table due to the absence of adequate infrastructures in some regions.
We have realized that we carried out the routine of delivering our programs from one region to another without truly knowing who our beneficiaries are. We have implied that we have enough information about them based on excel sheets and few quantitative data retrieved from surveys and interviews. We have been busy with a multitude of activities. Leading us to lost perspective of whom we are serving.
One of the reasons, we are so grateful to each one of you for contribution. We are halfway to reach our goal. Your support not only helps ensure that we can continue to positively influence ignored labor pools of young adults to serve Madagascar hospitality and tourism industry, but also signifies the preservation of the architectural ensemble of the Old Town Fianarantsoa. Thank you for being a part of our team of supporters that are making our project a reality. We have been working hard to finish the renovation of this historical landmark to host our activities. You can see how long the journey has been.
We look forward to delivering you more news including the final version of the renovation once ready. Stay tuned! Until then, please see here after a short summary of our upcoming actions:
- $1019.07 will help finish all rooms for 3 floors: cements, stones, sand, prep materials, symbolic fees for our local champions, wall treatments. The beginning of a dream come true after an endless road trip
- $342.85 will help us getting all plumbing accessories: pipes, toolkits, valves, drains, faucets, cocks to help our residents stay clean
- $342.85 will finish the fence: workforce, purchase of bricks, cements, sands, stones, etc. and this will keep our residents feel secure
- $314.27 will pay two transportation of items: cements, bricks. The Old Town is not reachable by car
- $312.27 will pay for local equipment and items in the kitchen to feed our volunteers
- $217.00 will provide employment for 1 local graduate for 2 months as program animator
- $142.85 will help maintain the learning space to feed the mind for a year
We hope you enjoy learning about our work and continue to stay engaged with us. We couldn’t be more grateful for what we’ve achieved, together. We can't thank you enough for the generosity that you share with us. To all volunteers, donors, partners, local champions, we wish you and yours a blessed month. Misaotra Tompoko! Merci Beaucoup!
Halt Poverty Team
We can Now Enjoy the View
This is What We Have Renovated Together
we can now see how far we have come