This brief report reflects the on-going education program along with the Village of Peace Infrastructure project.
Esther’s Aid Rwanda is moving along step by step while carrying out our development and education empowerment program. It’s been challenging, but our optimism is bringing us successfully to the close of this last quarter. Hospitality is an open-door opportunity that provides the skills and goals that the youths need to thrive as well as contribute to the nations economic development. We are looking forward to expanding our program to cover a two-year diploma in Culinary Arts by 2022.
Esther’s Aid provided the following packages to the youth:
- Trained the youth on Work Ready Now – Getting youth ready for the job market.
- Trained the youth on technical skills (Complementary Training Services)
- Work based learning accompaniment
- Coaching on starting businesses, how to save save money, access to finance and youth placements at job.
With the growing student body and the demand for service provision in the hospitality arena, we decided to infuse more in the curriculum to meet the emerging hotels service need.
We give employability skill which opens up the career path and opportunities. Enhance the level of service provision to impact the Hospitality value chain and build character and boost self-confidence.
CHALLENGES & SOLUTION
- The COVID 19 pandemic affected our entire operations and the training timeline
- Serious financial distress.
- We still have a lot of optimism that business will bounce back for our donors and helpers
- We have also learnt to use what we have.
Our partnership with Hotels has enhanced Esther’s Aid professional development and more. We've partnered with thirty hotels & restaurants. After trainings, students are handed over to the hotels for professional touch. The hotel team as experts infuse ethics of professionalism and groom them for the job market. We have so much confidence in the hotel and donor partners
The students Just finished their final year practical presentation. They have also finished a 4 months’ internship program with hotels, restaurants and related food and hospitality agencies.
We use this report to extend our sincere thanks to our GlobalGiving partner for standing with us through this difficult time. God Bless You All!
Training session at our current facility
After completion of practical presentation
School of Culinary Arts to be completed in 2022