In this month of August, the city of Medellin celebrates its "flower fair", for this celebration, the children joined together to elaborate different works, such as planting, through which they learn a relationship with a living being of another nature and determine how And why it is important to care for the environment.
- The children and teenagers made "flower fair silletas" with flowers on paper, to pay homage to the families and remember the tradition of "Parade of Silleteros" that represent a national cultural heritage.
Story of a child who had fun making "silletas"
Name: Jake (no real name)
Age: 11 years old
Schooling: Elementary 4th grade
"Hello friends, I want to share with you that we celebrate the Flower Fair, it is the most important festival in Medellín, we made some silletas with paper flowers, to thank the families, because they help us to continue with the dreams that We have and with the help of the Corporación Superarse, we will grow healthy, thanks to all the people who help us, we will return to the house, stronger and more prepared."
- During the month of July, we celebrated with children and adolescents "Family Day" where the children shared in a space of fun, with their parents or some other member of their family, laughter, gifts, music and dance.
Academic, nutritional and other processes.
- 100% of the children and adolescents were able to improve nutritional parameters, advancing in the nutritional recovery plan. Equally The academic results of the first of the year were very satisfactory, achieving 95% of children and adolescents the goals of the training process.
- The value of honesty was the theme that was worked on in the project "Cinema and Literature", where children, adolescents and families understood the importance of attitudes in everything that applies sincerity and respect for others to To lead a quiet life on a personal and social level.
INTERNAL MODALITY - SPECIALIZED ATTENTION
- This month, it was possible to expand the Operating License granted by the Government through the Colombian Institute of Family Welfare.
- In nutrition, we have 37 children who are with a special nutritional recovery plan, when malnutrition due to negligence of the caregivers.
- Currently 13 of our children are diagnosed with mental health, which requires management with health system organizations to guarantee medicines that facilitate behavioral management.
- The children benefited from educational activities related to the prevention of sexual abuse in the family and social environment.
- With the participation of the children and families a strategy was formed that facilitates listening to the proposals that they themselves have to improve the coexistence.
- The families of the children benefited from training workshops on "Fostering Guidelines" and "Healthy Habits" led by professionals in psychology, nutrition and social work.
- 4 activities were carried out for social work with families, to raise awareness about the importance of strengthening affective bonds.
- 5 families are highlighted that achieved the objectives of the care plan and currently receive the children in their homes during the weekends.
- In the academic part, strategies were established with the Educational Institutions to accompany the school process of children, taking into account the deficiencies that are presented by age and the violation of fundamental rights. However, academic results were excellent, 80% of the children achieved the goals and plan was established with those requiring school reinforcement.
- The children produced crafts to be given as a gift in celebration of Mother's Day.
- The process called "Academic Tutors" will continue its application according to the excellent results obtained, this is a special plan of accompaniment to school tasks.
- The children continue participating in the musical formation through the agreement with the "Clave Clásica" Corporation.
"I need your help to get ahead"
"Thanks to your help, I am an easy person to deal with"
SPECIALIZED ATENTION UNDER OVERNIGHT HOMLESS CHILDREN AND YOUTH CHILDREN
RELEVANT ACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
“GRATITUDE IS OUR HEART´S MEMORY”
- Overnight homeless children program continues providing integral attention to 43 boys, implementing new proyects in the following áreas: Psychology, Social Work, Learning Methology, Nutrition and Health.
- The children went to meetings with their brothers an sisters who belong to other institutions that also work in Prevention and Protection. Special institutional contacts were established with institutions such as PAN, Hogar Colina Amigó and Ciudad Don Bosco.
- A plan on how to improve the maintenance of infrastructure of the Francisco Rojas House, was laid. This where our Boarding Modality operates.
- A delivery plan of medication for children dignosed with psychiatric problems was organized together with the Mental Hospital of Bello, Antioquia. This was done to assure treatment continuity.
- Actualization of the “ Administration of Quality System” is being held at the moment, is updated through training on ISO 9000 version 2015
through training about The ISO 9000- 2015 version
ACADEMIC, NUTRITIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 100% of the children and Young adolescents achived the academic objectives, fact that enhances the efficiency of the Institutional Teaching Model.
- Changes and adjustments were done to the nutrition topic , according to the results of the most recent satisfaction survey done to the population involved.
- The children actively participated in the program “ Preparation for an Autonomous Life”, consolidating their view of the future of our organization, and their sense of belonging.
- Ideas and expectations in relation to their vacation holiday season at the end of the year, were discussed and analyzed with the children. This includes Christmas Decoration of the Houses, and the all Christmas´activities Schedule.
- On “Gratitude Day” the choir of the Overnight homeless children and Youth shelters had the opportunity to show their talent before all the benefactors community. This program will continue through 2017 with the help of “Clave Clásica Academy”.
- The project “Health Promotion and Sickness Prevention” was presented including topics and methodology to be used in the project during 2017
- We continue with our collaboration program with “Lucertito ONG” in order to help us with psychotherapy related to a healthy and responsible sexuality.
- The children were given the opportunity to participate in our special vacation program by which they spend one month with a Foster family in the countryside.
- Strategies continue to be implemented in order to strengthen the bonds with the children, parents and support networks, using different methods such as internet, celhone contacts, family visits to our Houses and by visiting their family environment.
- We gave out full packege of food to all the close families of our children as part of our Christmas activities.
- An agreement was signed with the “Juguemos en el Bosque Corporation”, to help the children in their leisure and academic activities.
- We agreed to start a academic enhacement program in order to improve the levels of learning with “ Institución Educativa Héctor Abad”.
- The “Academic Tutors” process will continue, due to the excellent results obtained during 2016
- The children were involved in a special day in the Museum of Antioquia being sensitized by art and culture, highlights the interest of children for the work of Fernando Botero.
- Children participated in our anual “Giants in Values” program which includes camping activities in “Los Farallones” camping site. Excelent results we have obtained by working on values.
CHRISTMAS EXPRESSIONS OF THE CHILDREN
- “I am very happy when I wake up and see that I am cared for and helped in what I need.”
- “My best Christmas is to be with my family.”
- "The Corporation is my child God, thank you for so many gifts"
- “The Camping experience is unforgettble, I learned a lot about values.”
- “Foster families make me feel at home.”
Activities and Relevant Actions
We provide comprehensive care to 43 children and adolescents, managing to maintain coverage of 100% of the installed capacity in “Francisco Rojas Home”.
Three days of hygiene and self-care were carried out, evidencing an improvement in children’s habits. Feedback was made to the pedagogical team of those cases that require greater daily accompaniment.
The Corporation received the visit of ICONTEC, Colombian Institute of Technical Standards and Certification, maintaining the certificate of the Quality Management System, obtaining a favorable concept in all procedures.
We guarantee health care to children and adolescents, some cases require specialized attention such as: ophthalmology, retinology, orthopedics, speech therapy and occupational therapy.
Academic, nutritional achievements, among others
We are waiting for the final academic results of 2016, it is highlighted that 50% of the children and adolescents started the holiday for having achieved the objectives in advance.
Through the project "Promotion of health and prevention of disease", the workshop "Fighting fungi and pediculosis" was held, showing active participation of children and adolescents and assimilation of basic concepts.
100% of the children and adolescents attended achieved nutritional recovery.
Agreement was implemented with the CIANDCO Polytechnic to carry out an awareness process with children and adolescents on oral health.
The children and adolescents began musical training with the " Classic Key" Corporation and they had the opportunity to appear in the "V Festival Department Carlos Vieco Ortiz", as a tribute to the poet Leon Zafir, held in the auditorium of the Educational Institution " El Sufragio ".
The children and adolescents attended the sporting event between the soccer teams, Atletico Nacional and Club Atlético Huila. It allowed them to identify professional soccer figures who admire and know the facilities of the Atanasio Girardot stadium.
Activities with families
We highlight the participation of the families in the project "It is possible in family", through the workshop "Food as part of the affectivity", dictated by the area of nutrition, identifying that the parents do not recognize the feeding as an axis Main of the affectivity, they were given the strategies for a feeding from the affection and they were invited to reflect on the way that they feed their children.
We continue to guarantee children and teenagers who have siblings in other institutions, who have periodic meetings.
15 interventions were carried out with family groups and support networks, with the objective of re-framing the commitments established within the process of re-establishing the rights of children and adolescents, to strengthen participation in the programmed activities.
Home visits were made to 7 families to update the information and to identify the current socio-family and housing conditions.
In the "Building with the Hands" project, children and teenagers decorated the house for the celebration of the month of Halloween, strengthening cooperation and interaction, as well as developing creativity and stimulating the imagination.
A meeting was held with the INDER (Recreation and Sports Institute), with the participation of the young people in preparation for graduation, highlighting the psychoeducational workshop on personal skills.
The children and adolescents enjoyed a recreational outing to the park "Los Tamarindos", located in the municipality of San Jerónimo, Antioquia, promoting a playful recreational approach and a healthy coexistence.
Academic tutors managed to guide children and adolescents in the learning process, promoting study habits and promoting positive attitudes towards the school experience.
Expressions of children and adolescents during the participation in the soccer match between Atletico Nacional and Atletico Huila.
"What a great stadium and so beautiful, I had never been to a national football match"
"I really admire Franco Armani is the best goalkeeper in the world, I am happy to know him"
"We are from the green we are happy, National is the best" "I will never forget this coming to the stadium, it was a dream"
Activities and relevant actions
Positively advancing the process of preparation for the egress of 13 children and adolescents with the possibility of joining the family.
Currently adjustments to the quality management system are made, unifying criteria and establishing new indicators.
We carry out management to handle Identity Cards to restore the right to identity (Article 25), established in the Law on Children and Adolescents in th Law 1098 of 2006.
Through the project " Dialoguing, We are More" children and adolescents were able to learn and appreciate values, with the theme "A Positive Coexistence my best option."
The Corporation identified in the evaluation of the program "Families Friends" that the experience allowed children and adolescents actively in family dynamics participate as a member of the family, where they managed to adapt to each family structures.
Academic, nutritional, among other achievements.
The stability of children and adolescents in the care process realizes the effectiveness of the strategies implemented in the model of institutional care.
We continue with the strategy called "Academic Tutors", fortifying the accompanying processes in school children and adolescents.
In the project "Sexual Education" theme "Sexuality Responsibly" was developed, with excellent participation of children and adolescents.
We performed Brigade of Hygiene and Self-Care and observed progress in the repertoire of children and adolescents.
The participation of children and adolescents in the activities in the project "My Life project" called "Enhancing My Self Esteem" is highlighted, achieving the objectives.
96% of children and adolescents significantly improved their nutritional status, approaching the normal range for age.
We obtained 100% rating on the visit by the Colombian Institute of Family Welfare supervicion for the implementation of the “Bienestarina MAS”, highlighting the proper management that the Corporation has had with the product.
Activities with families
The celebration of "Family Day" was held at the Lido theater with the participation of children and adolescents through artistic presentations.
We carry out the evaluation of the first half with representatives of Institutional Government, with excellent results, projecting active participation in institutional life.
Children and adolescents who have siblings in different institutions of Protection, attended the interagency meeting to strengthen ties of brotherly system.
Workplans were established with the referents family, to fulfill objectives of process of restoring rights of children and adolescents
The participation of children, adolescents and families in the suggestion box opening was very positive, achieving generate listening and feedback to the members of the process.
In the educational output "Raising Our Dreams" held in the Cerro Nutibara, children and adolescents were able to realize their dreams to be elevated in a kite, generating reflection on the commitment, effort, planning and persistence are effectively to achieve the goals.
In the project "Promotion of Good Treatment and Prevention of Abuse" highlights the participated actively in children and adolescents, where they managed to identify the risk factors are.
Children and adolescents participated in recreational activities planned during the academic break and took the academic reinforcement plan raised by educational institutions.
Children and adolescents participated in the activities planned under the program "Preparation for Independent Living" achieving strengthen the prospects and future vision.
The participation of children and adolescents in the activities of "the Antioqueñidad" allowed them aware of the culture and history of the department.
The "points system" established itself as a motivational strategy to promote positive behavior, the methodology is to score points during the month to legalize symbolic money, that way children and teens can purchase items of interest.
Children and adolescents strengthened the basic knowledge of different sports through games scheduled in the project developed with the INDER, Institute of Sports and Recreation of Medellin.
Testimonies of children and adolescents during the activity "Raising Our Dreams"
"My dream is to be with my mom and tell her I love her so much"
"When I will return to my town, I will visit my friends and play on the court”
"My comet will be the highest rise, it will reach to heaven"
"It's hard to go back with my family, but not impossible"
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.
We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.
Support this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page.Start a Fundraiser