Service Learning Club Leaders
Our Super-Volunteers have been quite busy this time of year - and we're super proud of them! Close to 300 of them, from 15 municipalities, completed more than 30 Community Projects, benefiting more than 5,000 people in those communities. With all this fantastic work from SL Clubs Leaders and youth, we can conclude that it was a successful season. These Community projects included:
- Raising awareness among youth for social issues such as religious tolerance, mental health, barriers that people with disabilities face in everyday life, and sexual education,
- Improving their schools’ facilities such as building a toy park, building two outdoor classes, building seats for the schools’ yard, cleaning the yard or parts near the schools, planting flowers or trees, fixing the water system, placing waste baskets, coloring seats and walls, and buying sports equipment for the sports hall,
- Helping vulnerable groups by preparing gifts for 46 children from “SOS Fshatrat e Fëmijëve,” sending packages of food and hygiene items to The Center for Children in Street Conditions, collecting obsolete clothes from some schools to send to the children in need, preparing gifts, collecting toys and clothes for children with cancer who are hospitalized in Prishtina.
In addition, here's a few highlights that we would like to share with you:
- We has been awarded with the Quality Label as a Receiving and Supporting Organisation within the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) - Europe's largest Volunteer network. This means that we will now be able to host volunteers from other European organizations and send our members to other European organizations on volunteering projects.
- Launched the Annual Open Call (recruitment campaign) for new SL Club Leaders – Generation 5, where we accepted 272 applications, from which 142 were teachers and 131 mentors - an incredible number, considering that this is the 5th year!
- On Earth Day, two Super-Volunteers, Edolind Topalli from the Club in Kacanik and Elma Preniqi, from the Club in Obiliq, addressed the audience during the official, where the Prime Minister, high-ranking government officials and from the International community were included.
- We are now part of the official Commission that will choose Directors and Vice Directors in the Municipality of Prishtina.
- Arranged and sent Youth Mentors to a training in Orvieto, Italy organised by the ARTEMIDE Association in Italy. On this training, they gained skills on the theatre of the oppressed, non-formal use of art and theatre and conflict resolution.
These are just some of the incredible activities our Super-Volunteers were involved with. We are tremendously happy with their growth, their leadership, but most importantly, how much they care about their communities and their willingness to improve them.
Your support continues to inspire more and more super-volunteers to get involved in their communities and to provide a strong backbone to our existing volunteers and their projects.
Thank you for your support.