| Apr 12, 2019
Spring News from Karama - check this out!
Proud women in one of their rooftop greenhouses
Dear reader, dear supporter of Karama's mission in Palestine!
Thanks so much for reading, and for being part of our Karama family. Maybe you have visited us recently, or maybe many many years ago. Great you still have us in your thoughts! We just wanted to pop into your inbox to catch up with you on a few things...
1) Do you know our food security/economic empowerment program has jumped to 110 participants and greenhouses? All these greenhouses are constructed on the roofs of women who are dealing with poverty, high levels of stress and sometimes even depression or PTSD. The women from five different refugee camps group together in small gatherings, meeting bi-weekly to learn and grow together. Not only in agricultural topics but also in social, emotional and health related topics! Just look at them being proud in this photo :)
2) The Rooftop Greenhouses project has a new website, to keep you posted on all things green and productive! :) If you haven't checked it out yet... have a look at www.karamagreenhouses.org. Let us know how things are looking from your end - this website is built by our own volunteers (with supervision from a kind friend who is a professional) so we are open for your comments. Pictures looking blurry? Color scheme looking ugly - just hit reply and let us know!
3) Other activities are ongoing in Karama - one of the recent ones being a food distribution project supported by our kind friends from charity Penny Appeal. They have gathered funding yet another time to donate almost 500 food packages for the most needy families in Deheishe camp!! It is always an amazing experience to have our friends with many different backgrounds come to Deheishe and help us make a difference in the lives of our community members. And it seems the fun was mutual! Thanks again for joining us!
4) Our last message... after a project website, now Karama's full website is really in need of urgent updates! We would love to redesign this space but the process will take a bit of time. For now; let us know - what do you like to read here? What do you think should not be missed on this page that can introduce Karama to a lot more people around the world? And will you check back for regular posts or should we use focus Facebook/Instagram to stay in touch with you? Would be so nice to hear a few lines from you!
Not unimportantly: if you are somebody with great website design skills or know somebody who would be able to help out for a few hours on this project - let us know!
Warm wishes from the whole Karama team and thank you for supporting all our work among the Palestinian women and children!
- Ramadan is upcoming! We hope you keep us in your thoughts during this summer!
Friends of Penny Appeal visiting the Karama center
One of the beneficiaries of the food distribution