Ladies presenting a Salvadoran Traditional Dish
II PROJECT REPORT “75 YOUNG SALVADORANS DEVELOP THEIR ENTREPRENEURSHIP” 2014
MOJE is presenting the second project report of “75 YOUNG SALVADORANS DEVELOP THEIR ENTREPRENEURSHIP”, in which 75 youths are being supported with trainings on the technical, human and entrepreneurship areas. This report presents the activities that we have done with the youths who are in the second stage of the training, which runs from August to November 2014.
In this training initiative are actively involved 66 young:
- 42 youths in the Professional cooking area
- 17 youths in the Bakery area and
- 7 youths in the Graphic design.
Besides, other 94 young people who are receiving training on the technical areas of Administrative Assistant, Cosmetology, Electronics and Beekeeping. Are also being trained in at the Entrepreneurs School at MOJE in the areas of Business Management and Life Skills; making a total of160 young peoplein training.
The youngsters cared in the Entrepreneurs School have had the opportunity to receive a better attention in the technical, human and business areas, thanks to the money collected in the campaign “75 YOUNG SALVADORANS DEVELOP THEIR ENTREPRENEURSHI” at GlobalGiving which served to optimize resources for basic equipment and improving the training spaces.
The young participants in the professional cooking, pastry and graphic design have been continued their training in the stages of specialization and design of product or service. These last two stages of training is done in a view that young people can be inserted in a job or in the world of entrepreneurialism, endowing them with basic tools to assist them in the integration in the labor market.
The two groups of young participants were trained in the preparation of various dishes of the international cuisine such as Spanish cuisine, French, Italian, Argentine, Salvadoran and Central American cuisine among others. Additionally, the youths have received training on how to prepare different types of desserts and beverages.
The young people of this area learned at this stage more advanced techniques for the preparation of desserts both savory and sweet.
Here is a summary of skills views of the area:
- Salvadorian pastries
- Mexican pastries
- International Pastry
- Development of products based on puff pastry
- Cakes based on fruit jelly
- Cakes with chocolate, vanilla and caramel.
Young people who are trained in this area strengthened their capacity of drawing techniques with more advanced techniques of this discipline. Subsequently, they learned about the proper handling of tools of manipulation of the image with the use of specialized software. Afterward, they learned how to manipulate the equipment for the printing of the products created by them. In this final stage learned different techniques of screen printing.
A summary of the contents referred to is that you shown below:
- Introduction to Digital Graphic Design.
- Fundamentals of Photoshop.
- Basics of Adobe Illustrator.
- Advanced Photoshop.
- Advanced llustrator
- Foundations of Digital Design.
- Introduction to the screen printing.
- Flyers and banners design.
- Packaging design.
- Design oriented to screen printing.
- Advanced Techniques of screen printing.
LIFE SKILLS TRANING
At this stage of training young people strengthen their social skills, cognitive and attitudinal factors on competencies such as communication, sexuality, conflict resolution and decision-making; so, the last intention of these subject-matters in the sense of clarifying and to develop personal skills, value and opportunities that represents a good practice of the skills for life.
Following, we describe some of the competencies learned between the month of September and November:
- Communication: Identify and use the components of communication allowing understanding and be understood with the interlocutor.
- Sexuality: Discuss with participants the desires, social pressures, information and fears in the first sexual relations.
- Decision-making: identifying and implementing practice decision-making skills.
- Conflict Resolution: To identify and use appropriate procedures for the solution of problems.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT TRAINING
In the business management training young people continued developing their entrepreneurial skills through practice firms. We have created 22 companies of practice to simulate in a learning environment conducive to the necessary competencies for the knowledge and its management. In the Phase III of the training, each of the companies of practice creates their business plans starting from the name of the business to the initial investment in the company.
The contents covered in this phase are:
- What is a business and types of companies?
- Functional Areas of a company.
- What is a business plan?
- How to name a the company.
- Business Description.
- SWOT Analysis.
- Business Strategy.
- Marketing Plan: product, price, place and promotion.
- Factors that affect human relations in the associativity.
- Costs, initial investment and working capital.
- How to maximize the use of equipment and tools.
USE OF RESOURCES
The funds raised in the campaign have been very support for the purchase of raw materials and school supplies to enable young people to develop practices of professional cooking, bakery… which has meant a qualitative step to provide a better attention to young people.
Thanks to the contribution of the 42 donors who have supported us through the GlobalGiving platform, the opportunities are strengthening to improve the economic situation of young people who are part of the Entrepreneurs School Program at MOJE.
Youth participating in Gastronomic Fair
Young ladies presenting a Salvadoran pastry