Professional Cooking Practice
“75 YOUNG SALVADORANS DEVELOP THEIR ENTREPRENEURSHIP”
MOJE present the first project report of “75 YOUNG SALVADORANS DEVELOP THEIR ENTREPRENEURSHI” in which 75 youths are being supporting with the training on the technical, human and entrepreneurship areas. We want show up the developed activities with the youths that are in the training process. Currently, 66 youths are participating in the project - 42 youths in the professional cooking area, 17 youths in the bakery area and 7 youths in the graphic design. In addition, 94 young people are being trained in the technical areas of Administrative Assistant, Cosmetology, Electronics and Beekeeping. These youths are being trained in the areas of Business Management and Life Skills at the Entrepreneurs School at MOJE; having a total of 160 young people in training. The resources collected in the framework of the Global Giving campaign for this project have been used to provide a much better attention to the young people, given the constraints under which MOJE account, to support these young people who want to excel themselves.
We have started the training in the areas of Professional Cooking, Bakery and Graphic Design, so far the trainings are being oriented that the youths learn the basic competencies of each area, in order to this we have developed the following competencies:
- Preparation of different types of table arrangements (Breakfast, Lunches, Dinner and Te.)
- Customer Service
- Proper use of equipment and kitchen tools
- Basic techniques of culinary arts (Cuts, Cookings, Sauces and Marinades)
- Handling of bar equipment and good food pairing betweenfood and drink.
- Preparation ofthe various types ofbeverages.
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Preparation of station, table arrangements, customer service and types of services.
- Manipulation of tools and equipment
- Simultaneously are given to know bases standards such as, good practices of manufacture, parts per million (chlorinated solutions), washing hands, etc.
- Realization of basic processes: (weighing, measuring, mixing, preparing pastes, creams, jellies and baking.
- Principles of Design in general.
- Basic Principles of drawing, line drawing and plot of the 4 basic figures.
- Viewing Angles.
- The basic figures and shading, as well as perform various compositions.
- Management of the perspective.
LIFE SKILLS TRANING
The proposal of training in life skills which we are developing with the project follows the approach of PAHO, which conceived the "Skills for Life" as skills necessary for the human development and that difference them according to their fields of action. In this sense, the skills for Life workshops are oriented to clarify and develop the personal skills, assess and take advantage of the opportunities it presents a good practice of the skills for life; this involves broadening the outlook of personal development in different areas in which young people live.
The Life Skills program has developed the following knowledge and skills:
- Socialization of gender and its impact on the construction of young people
- Self-awareness and self-evaluation
- Self-esteem; team work and empathy.
The teaching methodology involves the active participation of young people, throughout the entire session, with the use of different participatory techniques.
From June through August of 2014, the Life Skills program has trained 160 young people from different areas of training. Besides, has accompanied in personal process of young people from higher social risk.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT TRAINING
Regarding to business training, is working through the methodology of companies of practices (simulator of businesses), where young people through groups are building small businesses with all that this implies, young people learn and know all the things to do in a business. So far we have formed 22 companies of practices with the participation of 160 young people. The contents developed so far are:
- Phase I "entrepreneurialism": shared the concept of an enterprising person and the characteristics that identify an entrepreneurial person (CEPs);
- Phase II 'Business Ideas': where is it has unveiled the concept of business idea, the elements to be considered in formulating a business idea and an innovative business idea was generated.
USE OF RESOURCES
Given that the conditions of the physical spaces are limited and emergencies arise for the development of the training. We have used the funds raised to improve these conditions, as it has been the improvement of the roof of the professional cooking classroom, place a kitchen sink and a door is opened to access to the same, also has been extended one classroom to develop activities Life Skills. For the development of competencies in the areas of Professional Cooking and Bakery, we acquired equipment and tools among which we can mention: Blender, hand blenders, pots, pans, game of basic tools such as knives, chopping boards, Baking Molds, strainers, large spoons, guacales. Likewise some materials (grocery) have been acquired for the practices that the young people must realize in its formation process.
Thanks to the Contribution of 45 Donors in the Open Challenge held in the month of June on the Global Giving platform, opportunities are strengthening to improve the economic conditions of young people who are part of the Entrepreneurs School Program at MOJE.
Skill for Life Training - Women Leadership
Learning and Practicing to become a Good Waiter
GraphicDesign Class Youth working in a Class Proje
Professional Cooking Class