The widows in the village, who take care of the orphans, have formed an organization called the Christian Women's Union. They are making baskets to be shipped to the U.S. and sold on EBay.
New Beginnings continues to feed the children and provide medicine. We are making progress with donations this year. Only one of the children have died this year. Other than this we are doing fine and very hopeful.
Christian Womens' Union Goals
The Christian Women’s Union had its humble beginning in 2013 by a group of women in the South Nyanza Region under the leadership of Pastor John with an aim of:
1. Feeding the orphans and taking them through their studies in school.
2. Making baskets to support the orphans.
3. Spreading the gospel of truth;
4. Helpimg the women in Africa, and the surrounding regions, to know the love of Christ;
5. Working towards bringing the women to the true understanding of the scripture.
Through this union, about 675 women have been reached and helped.
Currently, we have expanded our vision to include self-awareness and self-appreciation among women within their home and community.