| Jan 20, 2021
Celebrating Our Top Achievements from 2020
Agroecological kits for home gardens
Well, friends, let us be honest: 2020 was a tough year. And with the global pandemic continuing, 2021 looks to be a challenging year, too. But, yet and still, we remain hopeful. We remain dedicated to our students, families, and communities in Northern Morazan, El Salvador. We continue to give our best as we challenge status quo and reimagine what rural education can and should be: education that produces real, tangible change for a brighter and healthier future. As we get started in this new year, we thought it to be appropriate to look back on some of our proudest achievements from 2020 as a source of motivation and encouragement. All of these achievements were made possible with your continued support so this is a celebration of your generosity as well. Will you celebrate with us?
- We enhanced our academic virtual learning plan as a strategy to face the COVID-19 pandemic, improving students' digital skills.
- 97% of the parents were actively involved in the educational program; We provided family psychological care with the support of one family mother.
- We delivered 60 agroecological kits for the implementation of home gardens as a contribution to food security during the emergency of COVID-19.
- 100% organic vegetable production for consumption by local families in times of crisis continued. We expanded existing areas and created new ones, too.
- PEOF was featured in GlobalGiving's article, "Meet 10 Nonprofits With Ingenious Innovations To
- PEOF is now recognized as a “Superstar” organization on GlobalGiving and received a $20,000 emergency grant.
Despite its challenges in 2020, we were able to care for our students and keep the innovative learning going strong. We look onto this new year of 2021 with positive energy and so much motivation to keep pushing. Your continued support keeps us going. Thank you for all that you do. Together, we can grow bigger and better in 2021. Adelante, Amún Shéa! To learn more about us, check out our page and subscribe. You can finds us on Facebook, too :)
Michelle, Ron, and the entire PEOF + Amún Shéa team
Reimagine rural education with us!