The Livelihood Project

by Alliance For African Women Initiative
The Livelihood Project
The Livelihood Project
The Livelihood Project
The Livelihood Project
The Livelihood Project
The Livelihood Project

Content of the Workshop

The workshop was a financial literacy training. The women learned how to create a business plan and a balance sheet, how to do bookkeeping and about savings. They received lectures on these topics and some additional exercises.

II. Procedure 10 AM:

Meeting at the venue Firstly, the registration of the participants and the distribution of the questionnaire was carried out by Valerie and Marie o If help was needed with the comprehensibility, Marie and Valerie assisted in filling in the form It has been asked who was present at the first training about financial literacy and briefly explained why Leticia, one of the women, is new in this group o Leticia is a young single mother and wants to gain more knowledge about business running, so that she could start one on her own She was sent by ministry of gender, children and social protection Then Marlene started the training around 10:30 AM with a short introduction of herself and the Team as well as the agenda for the day The women prayed all together before the beginning of the training. Afterwards Philip took over the presentation about business plan, balance sheet and bookkeeping o To make it more clear Philip did some exercises with the women Marlene did the rest of the presentation about savings and Naa did the translation so that the women could easily follow the lecture At the end Valerie and Marie distributed the printed summaries to the women Finally, Naa gave out the lunches to the women before they left around 1 PM During the whole workshop, Marlene and Marie were taking photos and videos and Valerie wrote down notes for the report 4 AFAWI – Farm Project 12.04.2022 Findings Information Sheet

III. Findings

1. Summary Everyone except Letica is already running a business. Of which some were food shops or restaurants. 70% of the women think their business is going well (very good/good). For the main challenges in their business, two women stated that the location of their shop isn’t good, and one said that she doesn’t keep records of her income and expenses, but 63% said that everything is good. Most of the women already knew what a business plan or balance sheet is or what bookkeeping means. All the women said that they are already saving money per week. 55% of the women declared, that they were hoping to gain more knowledge at the financial literacy training, the remaining 45% wanted to share their knowledge. 73% had already attended a programme on financial literacy training. Most of the women replied, that they will use the loan for trading or to put in their business.


Attachments: Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
 

About Project Reports

Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.

If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.

Get Reports via Email

We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.

Organization Information

Alliance For African Women Initiative

Location: Achimota Market-Accra, Ghana - Ghana
Website:
Facebook: Facebook Page
Twitter: @afawi?lang=en
Project Leader:
Philip Kwesi Agyei
Programme Co-Ordinator
Accra, Greater Accra Ghana
$27 raised of $5,000 goal
 
1 donations
$4,973 to go
Donate Now
lock
Donating through GlobalGiving is safe, secure, and easy with many payment options to choose from. View other ways to donate

Alliance For African Women Initiative has earned this recognition on GlobalGiving:

Help raise money!

Support this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page.

Start a Fundraiser

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence

Snorkeler
Our
Impact

Woman Holding a Gift Card
Give
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle
GlobalGiving
Guarantee

Sign up for the GlobalGiving Newsletter

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.