The new normal of education
Dear friend of the Rainbows!
Hope you and your loved ones are keeping safe and doing well.
As updated to you all in the past reports, we are currently charting our way out trying to adapt to the new normal and protecting our children in the care homes from the affects of the ongoing global pandemic. In the same regards, as we move through, we want to do every bit in trying to empower our digital infrastructure at the homes, to cater to digital education and online learning. As the teaching pédagogies are changing & adpating, so are we! Some major highlights in this quarter were:
1. With the continued stress on safety in schools, and the same remaining shut, children continue to receive their lessons online. Educators both from the schools, and the residential teachers, subject matter experts, counselors, tutor & volunteers engage with different groups as per need and the time schedule fixed.
2. We are proud to announce almost all high school & secondary school children (10th &12th grade) were able to write exams and score above aggregate marks. Some gross figures are 64 girls from Kolkata, 17 children - Delhi, Patna - 12 children & so on.
3. Monthly excercises -neither the new education policy and changed pedagogy the national team disseminates monthly lesson plan with continuous check with the teachers to see where it's needed most and in which area. It's a work in progress.
4. Cities with good strength were in need of new education coordinators so we got new hires in the city of Hyderabad with 17 homes & Patna with 5 homes.
5. New guidelines - utlisong these months to work on foundation language &math skills, we looked for new volunteer organisations to develop better understanding in-house on life education.
6. National Education workshop - a forum to bring in Home management & education coordinators who spend the maximum of time enagaging & teaching children to deliberate on immédiates on practice and way forward for education at its best.
Apart from the achievements there are a number of challenges too:
1. Franework old & new : with the change in FCRA rules, new education policy & the lockdown, the schools and the existing curriculum isn't clear with set down parameters or goals, in this we do not want the child to loose out on his/her academic year, hence with the sim to continue the education, we are struggling with clear cut framework & guidelines.
2. Funding : with the lockdown the traditional fundraising & resource mobilisation scenario took a hit and is still nowhere stable, so we need all hands in support to empower the digital péripherals in all the existing 53 homes.
3. Teaching pédagogies : new methods are good and exciting, but a basic strong foundation is of utmost importance. With this as aim we plan to bring about good courses, life education, and strong knowledge learning of the foundation subjects to ensure the child learns the necessary.
4. Current atmosphere : what us needed for the child both in our homes, and in yours is to not feel pressure or stress of learning or scoring. Taking things slow and at a gradual speed will ensure they develop a live of learning first, for them to learn and excel.
We certainly hope you continue to spread, share and talk of the project to help these little geniuses grab their share of knowledge in the works of education and learning.
Together we can!
Rainbow Homes Program
Love of books
Bringing awareness & focus
Arts & color
Creative arts spreading awareness