Our first rickshaw - all decorated and pretty now!
Dear donors, supporters and friends,
Here is a quick update on what we've been working on since our last update -
1. We hired an additional 5 crew-members and began training on the 1st of November.
2. All new recruits have obtained a learning license, and road training has begun.
3. We have refurbished and retrofitted one additional rickshaw; we aim to retrofit/refurbish at least 2 more over the next month.
4. We have our very first client who has booked our first rickshaw weekday mornings and evenings. We are working on getting more orders/bookings for our functional rickshaw so we can begin testing our financial model.
5. We finally painted and decorated the first rickshaw; picture attached!
6. The crew has been participating in the disability sensitization training and school outreach programmes; they have been involved in the design of the programmes and will be an integral part of the implementation of these programmes.
As always, feel free to email me with questions, concerns, suggestions and ideas!
NOWPDP team with the new hires; team discussion