The project will provide emergency basic healthcare, psycho-social and food support to 500 most destitute families now living as refugees with host communities in Dargai district of Malakand agency.
About 13,000 individuals (including 80% women, children and elderly people) are now living in school buildings and private guest rooms with host communities in 04 union councils of Dargi District in Malakand agency. The major problems these families face include:
• Shortage of basic household items
• Nutritious food for children and women with infants
• Basic healthcare especially for women and children
• Personal hygiene and cleaning items
• Trauma due to war and conflict
This intervention will provide following services to destitute families from Swat:
• Basic healthcare, psychological and social support
• Basic household items for daily living use
• Basic food items
• Referral of cases for advance medical care
The IDPs who will be reached through this intervention will have reasonability better life and prospect of future. The women and children will have less problems and some relief in their current daily lives.
This project has provided additional documentation in a Microsoft Word file (projdoc.doc).
Dost Welfare Foundation