| Dec 6, 2021
We overcome the pandemic as one community
We are having a great time here at LIN since the authorities have lifted the lockdown regulations, and our office is open to welcome all guests and supporters again. We are also grateful and can not wait to reveal the results of your contributions to the Covid-19 Response Community Fund as we wrapped up Phase 3.
Last September, we were worried that the fund could not reach the target, and the nonprofits that submitted their urgent response proposals would not receive sufficient support on time to help their people. Later that month, we had only reached 50% of the target. As the time was running out, members of the LIN team sat down together and decided to call for actions from our circles and LIN's networks. Each of us has reached out to our supporters in and out of Vietnam. We set up a microsite to spread the word about the fundraising campaign and send out newsletters. After we updated the latest news on GlobalGiving, we got your response right away. Many of you got back to us with your donations.
Together as one community, we have successfully raised 473,850,000 VND for the Covid-19 Response Community Fund Phase 3 2021, very close to 500,000,000 VND of the initial goal. It is a joined effort of our corporate donors from NFQ Vietnam, Schoolab, about 30 individual philanthropists, and other generous corporates. On October 11, we completed allocating the fund to 11 nonprofits (increased one more grantee compared to the initial plan), including:
1. Hoi tình nguyen Chung tay vì cong ong/ Join hand for the Community Volunteer Association - Food aid for Community
2. Liên minh Nhân ái/ Nhan Ai Alliance
3. Hoi Nguoi mù tinh Sóc Trang/ The Soc Trang Blind Association
4. Dich vu phiên dich Ngôn ngu ký hieu Nang Moi/ Nang Moi Sign Language Interpreting Service (NMSLIS)
5. To chuc Niem Tin/ Niem Tin Organization
6. Hoi Cha Me Tre Khiem Thính Viet Nam Vietnamese Association for Parents with Hearing loss Children (VNAP HLC)
7. Trung tâm Nâng cao Nang luc, Ho tro Phu nu và tre em/ Capacity Building Support and Center for Women and Children (CSWC)
8. CLB Ky nang song ong Nai/ Dong Nai Life Skills Club
9. Hoi nan nhân chat oc da cam/dioxin huyen Cu Chi/ Cu Chi Association for Victims of Agent Orange/dioxin
10. Nhóm Sac Màu Cuoc Song/ Social Media Community Services
11. To chuc Phung su Cong ong Vu Võ Phuong Nam Vu Vo Phuong Nam Community Serving Organization (CVOVS).
We are thrilled at this number as we know the current situation is not easy for everyone to give away. This result means a lot to LIN and especially to our NPO partners that have their faith in the generosity of humans and the impact we can bring to the local people's lives.
Next step, we will continue to follow the projects of the 11 grantees and assist them in the transparent disbursement process. As usual, we will see the efforts of the community leaders and their achievements for the local people in their reports after six months of using the fund. After that, LIN will continue to support the grantees from Phase 1 to Phase 3 in operating sustainably and independently by providing them with a Fundraising Capacity Strengthening Program.
Once again, on behalf of the 11 grantees of Phase 3, we would like to thank you for all the efforts you have made for LIN's Covid-19 Response Community Fund. We are honored to be trusted by you. Let's keep holding hands through this pandemic.
We wish you and your loved one safety and health and a joyful year-end season.
Lam Ngoc Thao