1. What has it meant to you to be able to receive training as a nursing assistant in the Pablo Tobón Uribe Education Institute?
For me, receiving training in the Institute has been the best thing that has ever happened so far in my life. Even in the short time I’ve been part of the Institute, it has filled my soul and I have fallen in love day after day with what I do and what I’m studying. It is incredibly rewarding to be able to help, to provide care and to get even the smallest smile. Being a student in the Institute has made me more humane, more caring and more eager to get ahead in life. To be part of the Institute is a very special experience, you can feel everyone’s love and affection, specially from our teachers, who share their knowledge based on pure willingness and love for what they do. It really makes me very happy, and I feel truly fortunate to be part of the Pablo Tobón Uribe Education Institute.
2. What do you envision for yourself when you start working as a nursing assistant in a few years in the future?
I visualize myself as an upright and mature woman, with strong fundamental values and an urge to continue learning while respecting the Hospital policies because, God willing, I will be starting my career working at Hospital Pablo Tobón Uribe. I see myself as a happy graduate of the Institute, thankful for all the knowledge shared by the teachers. I hope I’ll always remember all the happy moments. Finally, I visualize myself as an excellent nurse thanks to the Institute and all the opportunities it has given me.
1. What has it meant to you to be able to receive training as a nursing assistant in the Pablo Tobón Uribe Education Institute? It has been more than a dream, a huge source of joy and pride in being part of an institute with such good references, projects and institutional aspirations which make it evident that its approach is focused on humanization, support and well-being in favor of the students and the community, always striving to provide the best training, opportunities and benefits to its student community and staff. Today, I give thanks to God for having the fortune of being part of this Institute, which has taken me in as if it is my second home, where all its staff show every day how much they care about my well-being and my personal projection so that I can realize my purpose, the dream I set for myself since I decided to focus on and put all my effort on becoming part of the Pablo Tobón Uribe Education Institute. I am proud of being part of this Institute and I can attest to their major teaching efforts, to their great work plan and to their upstanding institutional values. That is why, every chance I get, I recommend the Institute by telling everybody everything about it, as I believe that every minute, day and week you spend there is worth all your efforts because you never stop learning.
2. What is your visualization of yourself when you start working as a nursing assistant in a few years in the future? I see myself as an upstanding and humble person who is able to share my knowledge with everyone else and who is focused on the patients’ well-being and improvement. More than the economic aspects, I believe I have the vocation for assisting people and for making my parents proud of me as a professional who has been learning and improving little by little. I also want to be able to see and know that, with my actions, I am changing people’s lives or helping them to improve their lives. It is based on health, social well-being and a fair and dignified treatment that I am able to see myself as a great nursing assistant focused on the common good.
According to you, what is the most significant aspect of being a student at the Pablo Tobón Uribe Education Institute?
For me, being part of this institution has represented a great opportunity, an opportunity to get ahead, an opportunity to improve every day and an opportunity to gain knowledge, as well as a major step in achieving all my objectives. The fact of being part of this institution is a reason to be proud: I enjoy every day here because I have always felt more than welcome and embraced by all my teachers, classmates and everyone else who has been part of this beautiful learning and training experience. This is a place where I have been able to turn weaknesses into strengths and where, more than anything, Ihave grown as a person.
How do you envision your future after graduating as a nursing assistant from the Pablo Tobón Uribe Education Institute?
After I get my nursing assistant diploma, I see myself working in the healthcare sector so that I can keep making progress in this field, standing out while doing so and, thus, realizing my dreams in the best possible way.
Education focused on employment and human development
1.According to you, what is the most significant aspect of being a student at the Pablo Tobón Uribe Education Institute?
Personally, being a student at the Pablo Tobón Uribe Institute has been the nicest experience and opportunity I have had so far. I have enjoyed every step I have taken and all the progress I have made. I find it amazing to be able to gain knowledge every single day, and I love the fact that I have grown as a person too while sharing and laughing with my classmates and teachers. In fact, I also enjoy being able to make mistakes and learn from them. That is why I can say, from the bottom of my heart, that every day I love more my learning experience here. In addition to learning a lot from the people who surround me in the Institute, they also make me feel good. I only hope that someday I can make a positive contribution to the life of each one of them, who have supported me throughout this process.
2. How do you envision your future after graduating as a nursing assistant from the Pablo Tobón Uribe Education Institute?
I really hope I have the opportunity to serve with my heart and soul, leaving positive footprints everywhere I go. I look forward to developing my knowledge and capabilities in a deeply humane way. I want to give the best of me to all people who need it, giving a breath of lifeto any of them who may think their life is coming to an end. I want to give it all and I will do it for me, for my patients and for humankind. I want to be an example of self-improvement and a faithful witness to how beautiful this profession is, and I want to have a positive impact on the world with my work. And, after all this, I want to be sure that my effort and sacrifice won’t be better rewarded that with the smile of a healthy person
What has it meant to you and your family to be part of the Hospital Pablo Tobón Uribe Education Institute’s nursing assistance program?
It has been the reason for great pride. We have been really happy since I was admitted to the Institute as it is a major opportunity to train as a nursing assistant because I will be able to help many people, in addition to being able to help my family.
Has your training process been negatively affected during the COVID-19 pandemic?
It has been a little difficult, but everyone at the institute has always looked for ways to prevent our learning process from being affected too much. Additionally, they have given us the opportunity to participate in our practices, which allows us to gain more knowledge and become closer to the nursing world.
What do you imagine your life and your family’s life will be like when you start working as a nursing assistant?
I imagine my life will be filled with happiness, taking care of both my family and other people based on the knowledge the Institute has provided me with, in addition to being able to learn new things every day.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.
Get Reports via Email
We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.
Give the gift of stability in a time of instability. Set up an automatic, monthly gift now and get matched at 100%—because the COVID-19 pandemic has hurt us all, and it will take all of us to overcome it. Terms and conditions apply.
Monthly giving is as easy, safe, and as inexpensive as a Netflix subscription. Start a monthly donation to Hospital Pablo Tobon Uribe today and get matched at 100%. Terms and conditions apply.