This project is competing for bonus prizes
through the March 2017 Accelerator. Visit the leaderboard for full terms and conditions.
 Education
 Hungary
Project #27217

Build a school gym and community hall in Hungary

by Szabad Waldorf Nevelesert Alapitvany

Summary

We seek your help to build a school gym that will provide a modern place for 400+ students to engage in physical education. It will also serve as a much-needed community hall for enlivening the cultural and social life of our town. We've raised 80% of the funds for the gym. We are seeking support for the remaining 20%. This is our first step toward building a campus for our non-profit school that has been providing quality education for 23 years for 12 grades in Hungary.
$50,000.00
total goal
$47,748.00
remaining
14
days

Challenge

Our community and host town are facing several challenges. 1.) Outdoor physical education is not always possible during the winter months due to our climate. 2.) To maintain the school status, it is legally required to operate a gym. 3.) For children to attend sport activities it is required to travel to other towns that is taxing on both the families and the environment. 4.) Healthy social life of the community requires a community hall where people can engage with each other.

Solution

The school gym and community hall will provide a safe and modern place for our 400+ students to engage in physical education and other artistic movements, like Eurythmy. Regular physical education can lower anxiety, decrease the chances of attention deficit and obesity and contributes to establishing of foundation of healthy life style. The new space is going to be the center of our school's social life, including our internal exhibitions, festivals, and school gatherings.

Long-Term Impact

It is also important for us to contribute to and engage with the community of our host town by offering a much-needed infrastructure element, a spacious place suitable to host social and cultural events of our local community. Our plans include theatrical and dance events that are currently not available locally. In the afternoons, more than 300 local children will be able to enjoy various sports activities through our partners, like basketball, soccer, volleyball.

Resources

http:/​/​www.feszekiskola.hu

Organization Information

Szabad Waldorf Nevelesert Alapitvany

Location: Solymar - Hungary
Website: http:/​/​www.feszekiskola.hu
Project Leader:
Szabolcs Katai
Solymar, Hungary
March 2017 Accelerator
Donations: $2,252 raised ($5,000 needed)
 
Donors: 63 (40 needed)
 
Time left to give
Donate Now Add Project to Favorites

Help raise money for this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page for this project.

Start a Fundraiser

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence

Snorkeler
Our
Impact

Woman Holding a Gift Card
Give
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle
GlobalGiving
Guarantee

Sign up for the GlobalGiving Newsletter

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.