Validation of our project methodology in Bohicon
Graines de Paix is laying the groundwork to ensure quality education and prevent violence in Benin!
Read what we have been up to since the last report:
- March and April were dedicated to forming the local Graines de Paix Bénin team: we identified candidates for the positions of Training Expert, Pedagogical Resources Expert and Logistics and Finance Officer
- From 6-14th April, Graines de Paix staff travelled from Geneva to Cotonou with two objectives: to deliver an introductory training to our local staff and to validate our project methodology (theory of change) with the national and regional authorities. The validation process ensures that the project is appropriate for the Beninese context and responds to local needs.
- From April 10-12th, a workshop was organized, bringing together representatives from the Ministry of Preschool and Primary Education, the Ministry of Social Affairs and the National Federation of Parent's Associations to validate our project methodology. The Minister of Preschool and Primary Education expressed his enthusiasm for the project.
-Graines de Paix met with the Swiss Cooperation Agency in Cotonou and with representatives of UNICEF Education in Benin to discuss future technical and financial partnerships.
- Our delegation was received by the Secretary General of the Government of Benin, elected to the newly constituted National Council of Education. The CNE will centralize the governance of education in Benin.
- In May, Graines de Paix will advocate for peace education in communities at the International Family Day (Journée Internationale de la Famille JIFA). The event, held on May 24th, addresses the theme of family dialogue.
Over the next months, we will focus on integrating our education contents into the preschool and primary teaching programmes to build the foundation of our teacher trainings. We are in the process of signing a convention with the Ministry of Social Affairs and interviewing social workers to design parental education resources that will complement our work in formal education.
Thank you once more for your support! We could not do it without the Graines de Paix community. Stay informed about Graines de Paix's activities on our facebook page and visit our webpage.
Graines de Paix Benin: Cecile, Arielle and Debora