First of all, we hope that you and your family are keeping well during this crisis, and our thoughts go out to those who have been impacted by the virus in any way.
At DAKTARI we have taken some measures at early stages to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- We are not taking kids onsite for our Environmental Education program since April 14th when the schools closed.
- The borders have been closed so there are no new volunteers coming in until further notice.
- The lockdown started on April 27th, initially for 3 weeks. It has then been extended until April 30th, and we strictly respect these measures by respecting social distancing, washing hands and wearing masks when we do groceries shopping.
- We sent all the staff home for the lockdown period except our Animal Manager Johnson to run our Wildlife Orphanage.
- We are taking the time without children at camp to upgrade some of the camp facilities at little to no cost, such as painting and decorating the chalets, building an aviary for birds of prey, doing some bush clearing
Despite this crisis, we are still hopeful that better times are coming and that we will overcome this crisis. At the moment we do not have any income from volunteers, but we know that we have the support from people like YOU to keep us going.
We miss the children, their smiles, energy and to see them interact with volunteers, and we are looking forward to come back to our routine soon!