| Jun 17, 2021
Support Safety of children with dyslexia in school
Rare Gem Talent School is a school under Dyslexia Organization of Kenya. The school is located in Kitengela, Kajiado County, Kenya. The school caters for children with dyslexia and other learning difficulties. After the long Covid 19 break, schools resumed fully in January 2021. The government gave the following directives and guideline’s on the Covid 19 protective measures a) Wearing of masks at all times
b) Keeping one meter distance from one child to another, both in class and bed distance
c) Regular washing of hands with soap and water
d) Regular usage of alcohol-based sanitizers
We are incredibly grateful to GLOBAL GIVING Platform and all our friends who generously gave their donations because we were able to raise some funds. We managed to improve classes, dormitories and provide resources to meet the COVID-19 protocol. Without our donors, it would have been extremely difficult to learn in the new requirements. The funds specifically helped to improve:
- - Purchased 20 new desks and 8 tables and repaired the broken the broken to enable practice distancing between students in class
- Expanded semi-permanent classroom.
- Made 10 beds and repaired 20 beds that required repairing.
- Constructed a semi-permanent dormitory one that can fit 4 beds for the older boys
- Added kitchen utensils to ensure that each child had own cap, plates and spoon
- Increased water supply to the kitchen
- Increased hand washing water points in the compound
- Buy washing liquid soap, temperature guns
- Masks for teachers and other workers and children who did not bring own masks.
- Purchased more learning resources (writing material, text books) and teaching aid equipment.
Although it has been hard to maintain the COVID-19 protocol in school, but with the support of your donations, we have managed to achieve great levels. There has been no case of illness during the school period. The school term run smoothly.Attachments: