Through this project 12 children with hearing loss and cochlear implant, had comprehensive rehabilitation processes in which they developed cognitive, hearing , language , and oral communication skills processes that helped them in school and social inclusion.
Samuel is on of the 12 children with Bilateral Sensorineural Hearing Loss he is 2 years old.
Samuel reached the following achievements during the year :
* Manages to hold the attention during all the activity .
* The child can express different feelings (crying , smiling, signing, babbling , some words and expressions ) .
* Follow the rhythm of the songs with gaze , gestures , actions and laughter.
* Look at the face of the interlocutor
* Understands simple commands with visual support and natural actions .
* Discriminate his name from other children .
* Samuel used his hearing device in good condition during each session.
* Manages to maintain his attention as long as there is a silent and visual stimuli that doesnt interfere with the environment .
* Discriminate everyday expressions ( hello, goodbye , give me)
* Make use of monosyllables to communicate simple words.
Samuel´s family assiduously attended the program, his mother has acquired strategies to stimulate and develop the following skills acquired by the child :
* She is aware that the cochlear implant is the channel through which her child receives the information given with oral language.
* She recognizes when the child has understood the message.
* She recognize that palying is a way to communicate with the child.
* She is teaching Samuel to imitate orofacial movements.
* She stimulates the production of vowel sounds .
Samuel is one of the stories with endings, thanks to you danation Samuel can herar and is starting to talk.