Poor rural communities’ face shrinking water resources, forest degradation, lack of appropriate agricultural technologies, poor market linkages, and drudgery of women. Women’s status is miserable due to heavy workload and poor returns from agriculture. Project beneficiaries are marginal farmers, women, and rural artisans. The project empowers village communities to alleviate poverty by including them in project planning and decision-making. Labor contributions from farmers are required.
• Involve community in project planning, implementation, & evaluation
• Build capacity for village institutions & farmers
• Demonstrate and promote low-cost rural technology
• Ensure demand for interventions by requiring farmer labor contribution
• Women’s empowerment
• Increased farmer income
• Better nutrition and health from vegetables
• Reduced degradation of natural resources
• Strong communities and institutions
• Demonstrated a project model to scale up for Uttaranchal state
Project Leader: Brij Mohan Kandpal
Thanks to 45 donors like you, a total of
was raised for this project on GlobalGiving.
Combined with other sources of funding, this project raised enough money to fund the outlined activities and is no longer accepting donations.