Basic Education in Mexico

by Fondo Unido I.A.P. (United Way Mexico)
Basic Education in Mexico
Basic Education in Mexico
Basic Education in Mexico
Basic Education in Mexico

Fondo Unido -United Way México (FUM) es una institución de asistencia privada que forma parte de la red global de United Way WorldWide (la organización internacional sin fines de lucro más grande del mundo). Su propósito es mejorar la calidad de vida de las personas de las comunidades más vulnerables, a través de un esfuerzo en tres pilares: educación, salud y estabilidad financiera. Dentro del eje estratégico de salud, nuestra plataforma se activa de manera transversal para atender casos de desastres naturales y emergencias, orientada a vincular alianzas y financiar proyectos que contribuyan a paliar la necesidad comunitaria con ayuda humanitaria, atención a proyectos especiales y reactivación económica. proyectos.

En este sentido, encontramos un puente de alianza con nuestras comunidades y organizaciones aliadas que brindan apoyo humanitario, con su oferta de nutrición, para paliar la escasez alimentaria de familias que han perdido el poder adquisitivo de la canasta básica alimentaria, como consecuencia de Medidas preventivas de contagio de COVID-19.

Objetivo general:
Contribuir a la seguridad alimentaria de la población en mayores condiciones de vulnerabilidad, afectada por la crisis económica provocada por las medidas para abordar el COVID-19.

Objetivos específicos:
1. Realizar censos comunitarios para delimitar el ámbito geográfico y poblacional de las comunidades a ser atendidas.
2. Seleccionar socios que proporcionen a las despensas productos de la canasta básica con el índice calórico adecuado.
3. Identificar Gerentes Solidarios por comunidad para organizar a los beneficiarios para la recepción de despensas bajo las medidas de higiene y salud adecuadas.

Despensas de alimentos entregadas:

  • 45 despensas de alimentos en la comunidad de La Yerbabuena, Chinampa cerca de Cuemanco, Xochimilco.
  • 406 despensas de alimentos entregadas a la Alcaldía de Iztapalapa y Tláhuac.

Total de despensas de alimentos entregadas: 451.

Perfil de comunidades beneficiadas:

The economically vulnerable sector that we will mainly benefit from the project is:
1. Domestic employees.
2. People who sell on public roads.
3. Person who work in popular fairs.
4. People who lost their formal job.

The place of residence of these families is in the Mayor's Offices of Iztapalapa, Xochimilco and Tláhuac, two demarcations with a high degree of marginalization and poverty. Regarding the age of the direct beneficiaries, 84% are women ranging from 29 to 55 years old, mostly single mothers who have a domestic job and who, derived from the covid contingency, have stopped working and, therefore They do not have the financial resources to purchase the products. The remaining 16% are people over 55 who have lost their jobs or sources of income.

Quantitative results:

451 despensas de alimentos ensambladas y entregadas directamente a cada una de las familias.

Resultados cualitativos:

Contribuir a la nutrición de las familias mexicanas que sufren por falta de alimentos en sus comunidades por despidos o menores salarios por la contingencia del COVID-19.

Actualmente estamos construyendo la próxima entrega de despensas de alimentos básicos, para satisfacer las necesidades que está dejando la actual pandemia de COVID-19.

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook

Fondo Unido -United Way México (FUM) is a private assistance institution that is part of the global network of United Way WorldWide (the world's largest international non-profit organization). Its purpose is to improve the quality of life of the people of the most vulnerable communities, through an effort in three pillars: education, health and financial stability. Within the strategic axis of health, our platform is activated in a transversal way to deal with cases of natural disasters and emergencies, aimed at linking alliances and financing projects that contribute to alleviating the community need with humanitarian aid, attention to special projects and economic reactivation projects.

In this sense, we find a bridge of alliance with our allied communities and organizations that provide humanitarian support, with their offer of nutrition, to alleviate the food shortage of families that have lost the purchasing power of the basic food basket, as a result of preventive measures of contagion of COVID-19.

Overall objective:
Contribute to the food security of the population in greater conditions of vulnerability, affected by the economic crisis caused by the measures to address COVID-19.

Specific objectives:
1. Carry out community censuses to delimit the geographic and population scope of the communities to be served.
2. Select partners that provide pantries with products from the basic basket with the appropriate caloric index.
3. Identify Solidarity Managers by community to organize the beneficiaries for the reception of pantries under the appropriate hygiene and health measures.

Food pantries delivered:

  • 45 food pantries in the community of La Yerbabuena, Chinampa near Cuemanco, Xochimilco.
  • 406 food pantries delivered to the Mayor of Iztapalapa and Tláhuac.

Total food pantries delivered: 451.

Profile of benefited communities:

The economically vulnerable sector that we will mainly benefit from the project is:
1. Domestic employees.
2. People who sell on public roads.
3. Person who work in popular fairs.
4. People who lost their formal job.

The place of residence of these families is in the Mayor's Offices of Iztapalapa, Xochimilco and Tláhuac, two demarcations with a high degree of marginalization and poverty. Regarding the age of the direct beneficiaries, 84% are women ranging from 29 to 55 years old, mostly single mothers who have a domestic job and who, derived from the covid contingency, have stopped working and, therefore They do not have the financial resources to purchase the products. The remaining 16% are people over 55 who have lost their jobs or sources of income.

Quantitative results:

451 food pantries assembled and delivered directly to each of the families.

Qualitative results:

Contribute to the nutrition of Mexican families that suffer from lack of food in their communities due to layoffs or lower wages due to the contingency of COVID-19.

Links:

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
food supplies
food supplies

Dear friend, 

We are trully proud to share with you the projects and campaigns carried out during COVID-19.

Fondo Unido - United Way Mexico has created many alliances with different institutions and other NPO's to work on more than 33 projects during COVID-19 about food and personal hygiene, prevention, mental health, education & donations in kind. We have collaborated on delivering thousands of donations such as: basic food baskets, personal hygiene products, emergency kits, medical supplies, equipment kits for protection & many informative documents, videos and infographics available to all our audiences, partners and allies.   

We are also part of another special project called PULSO osc that consists on uniting different Mexican NPO's in a collaborative way of work where we analyse the NPO industry during COVID-19, providing free and useful information to other organizations.

Mexico is suffering deeply from COVID-19 since more than 170,000 people have developed this disease and more than 20,000 have deceased. We know that we have a long run objective but with your help and support we will be closer day by day. Please, keep donating and make sure that many families have a safe future in Mexico.   

Please make sure to check out some of our photos taken during some of this projects. 

food supplies
food supplies
personal hygiene
personal hygiene
supplies
supplies
food supplies
food supplies

Links:

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
 

About Project Reports

Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.

If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.

Get Reports via Email

We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.

Organization Information

Fondo Unido I.A.P. (United Way Mexico)

Location: Mexico - Mexico
Website:
Facebook: Facebook Page
Twitter: @FondoUnidoMx
Project Leader:
Nancy Lara
Mexico, Mexico
$14,589 raised of $50,000 goal
 
207 donations
$35,411 to go
Donate Now
lock
Donating through GlobalGiving is safe, secure, and easy with many payment options to choose from. View other ways to donate

Fondo Unido I.A.P. (United Way Mexico) has earned this recognition on GlobalGiving:

Help raise money!

Support this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page.

Start a Fundraiser

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence

Snorkeler
Our
Impact

Woman Holding a Gift Card
Give
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle
GlobalGiving
Guarantee

Sign up for the GlobalGiving Newsletter

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.