Onwabo - 100% funded
Our annual fundraiser, 12 Days of Christmas, was a huge success thanks to YOU!
We were able to exceed our goal of raising $5000 before Christmas 2021, mostly thanks to everyone who contributed to this GlobalGiving project, and were able to fully fund Ibrahim, Onwabo, and Malebo's wheelchairs! Woohoo!
We made huge strides in helping our other beneficiaries but will need to continue fundraising into 2022 for their specialised wheelchairs. Here is the current status:
- Sharmique is so close to getting her wheelchair, she needs another R4 090 ($278)
- Liya's electric wheelchair is halfway funded and needs a big push to get fully funded but we believe we will get there! She needs another R20 800 ($1 414)
- Elsanne has another R25150 ($1700) to go
- Thiza is smoking hot and needs R1 120 ($76) to fully fund his wheelchair
- Our boys, Mihlaemihle and Themba, still have a way to go... R8 500 ($580) each
- And last but not least, Thuso, who needs R10 300 ($700)
Many of our beneficiaries have tried working through government institutions to obtain a wheelchair and the system has failed them. We've asked why beneficiaries approached us for help and had the following responses... "There is no other way, we tried to get a wheelchair for two years before we heard of and approached The sweethearts Foundation"...“Its 3 year since he is looking for better wheelchair.", "His current wheelchair was provided by XXX but lacks key support for his shoulders and head, causing his head to move from side to side."
We believe in providing a perfectly suited wheelchair for each beneficiary. This comes at a cost and takes more time to fundraise, but in the end, handing over these specialised wheelchairs is so rewarding and keeps us going.
Thanks again for your generous support! We do hope you will continue to follow our progress in helping these special beneficiaries.
Yours in wheels,
The sweethearts Foundation
Sharmique needs your help!
Lets help Liya!
Our boy Thiza only needs $76!