By Victoria Feuillerat, OPC team member - Progress report for March - June 2020
Slowly but surely the construction of our learning center is becoming a reality.
1. A lot of material has to be transported to build the foundations of future buildings. Carpenters impregnate plywood to prevent rapid decay and the mushroom team takes care of the harvest to provide us with vegetarian protein - the youngest team member is especially happy about this.
2. The biggest news is that we have completed the main structures of our workshop, the complete garden house, and the foundations of the food processing center and the residential house. Now we are mainly working on the roofs, and then on the finishing touches.
3. We have also brought more color to the area around the farm, for example by painting our water tank, which now welcomes the people with a warm "Akwaaba".
4. And of course, we work hard every day to make the degraded soil fertile for the cultivation of cassava, yams, corn, and plantains.
5. Some members help to preserve cucumbers by turning them into pickles to feed the team during the rain season.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.
Get Reports via Email
We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.
Give the gift of stability in a time of instability. Set up an automatic, monthly gift now and get matched at 100%—because the COVID-19 pandemic has hurt us all, and it will take all of us to overcome it. Terms and conditions apply.
Monthly giving is as easy, safe, and as inexpensive as a Netflix subscription. Start a monthly donation to Obrobibini Peace Complex today and get matched at 100%. Terms and conditions apply.