| Sep 21, 2023
We are Achieving our Objectives with Your Help
These are our objectives for ancillary support of BPHWT in 2023. These include educating the children of fielded medics and support team and training new medics, with an emphasis on female medics. It also includes nutritional support for pregnant women in Burma.
Objective 1: Support backpack medics’ children
- Metric: 54 boys and girls, children of the Backpack Medic Team, aged 4 through 18, attended schol and completed a year’s study.
Objective 2: Support backpack medics’ children with food support
- Metric: 54 children, aged 4 through 18, received basic nutritional support for 12 months
- This support included:
o 648 12 kg bags of rice
o 648 1 liter of cooking oil
o 648 0.5 kg bags of beans
o 128 kg of chicken meat (added to effort)
Objective 3: Support 14 new female medics in basic medic training
o 14 18 female medics started training in May 2021
o 14 18 female medics graduated from medic training in December 2022
o 14 18 newly trained female medics were deployed to backpack medic teams throughout Burma in February 2023
Objective 4: Support pregnant women in isolated villages and internally displaced person camps with nutritional support
o 36 44 backpack medic teams were provided with supplemental eggs, tomatoes, beans, and cooking oil
- 4,320 5,400 dozen eggs
- 4,320 5,400 dozen tomatoes
- 4,320 5,400 1 kg bags of beans
- 4,320 5,400 1 liter bottles of cooking oil
o On average, 30 pregnant women over 44 backpack medic operating areas were provided supplemental food to counter the risk of anemia and malnutrition in order to avert food insecurity issues and provide for healthier newborns. 1,250 pregnant women gained access to the food supplements – 250 more than the 1,080 planned due to an increase in the grant funding.
- Provide us with the number of beneficiaries as well as the geographical areas served by this project.
- 54 school age children living in Mae Sot Thailand. These boys and girls are children of backpack medics
- 14 18 young women attending medic training at REDACTED for privacy.
- 1,080 1,250 pregnant women in internally displaced person camps and isolated villages in REDACTED for privacy, Burma (all locations of intense Burma army attacks).