Move for Equity Campaign with our Spartan Kids
A wonderful 2023 to all of you. As we continue our engagement with our community and school partners for the past months, we realized that there are a lot of new learning and discoveries from them. And these, in turn, have created endless opportunities for us to enhance our advocacy as well as develop programs that can further promote gender equity, better education, and empowerment to our adolescent girls and young women.
The active participation and interest of our adolescent girls in programs that truly befit them is something that we are extremely proud of. Indeed, a solid example of upholding UNCRC’s rights of the child to development and participation. Meanwhile, our Young Women achieved amazing milestones in terms of their chosen pathways.
Gender inclusivity is emphasized during the launching of our Uplift Education program specifically on Digital Skills Training and Upskilling of the youth. Our adolescent girls are enrolled in digital and literacy training where they learn content creation, programming, and web development, among other useful digital skills. A remarkable step for digital inclusion and gender equity.
Here are the highlights of our Adolescent Girls and Young Women:
- 51 adolescent girls from 4 major cities of Cebu (Talisay, Cebu, Mandaue, and Lapu-Lapu) participated in and established the Girls Got This Circle, a girl-led group under the Girls Got This (GGT) Program that initiates activities focused on active participation and girl protection.
- Our TVL (Technical-Vocational-Livelihood) Young Women from Punta Princesa, Cebu City gained their National Certification (NCII) in Housekeeping and Culinary Arts, and completed their 3-month upskilling program.
- Uplift Education program such as Digital Skills and Computer Literacy Training has started in three different schools - Marigondon National High School, Cebu City Don Carlos A. Gothong Memorial National High School, and Cordova Public College.
- A total of 294 adolescent girls undergone the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Sessions across Metro Cebu.
- More than 500 adolescent girls, young women and barangay officials across Metro Cebu joined and participated the Move for Equity Campaign to celebrate the International Women's Month.
Because of your unending support, the girls and young women have created a full circle of confidence, dedication, and perseverance to achieve their dreams.
Thank you, dream enablers!
Unlocking their potential in the digital space
Expressive Arts on one of Mental Health Sessions
Teamwork Training for our Girls