Sponsor a child at the Boys & Girls Club

by Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley
Sponsor a child at the Boys & Girls Club
Sponsor a child at the Boys & Girls Club
Sponsor a child at the Boys & Girls Club
Sponsor a child at the Boys & Girls Club
Sponsor a child at the Boys & Girls Club
Sponsor a child at the Boys & Girls Club
Sponsor a child at the Boys & Girls Club
Sponsor a child at the Boys & Girls Club
Sponsor a child at the Boys & Girls Club
Sponsor a child at the Boys & Girls Club
Jun 28, 2019

You help families break the cycle of poverty

Thank you for helping families build better lives!
Thank you for helping families build better lives!

The Club will give low-income families more than $900,000 in scholarships this year so that their children can attend the Boys & Girls Club. That means that families will pay only what they can afford for all of the Club’s programs. Scholarship support helps with before and after school care, infant care, full days for school age kids in the summer, evening tutoring, and lots more. That’s only possible because of generous donors like you.

More than 80% of the parents whose families are part of our scholarship program say that they could not work at their current jobs without the Boys & Girls Club stepping in to make childcare affordable for their family. The other 20% say that their kids would be home alone.

One Fountain Valley mom says, “I am a single parent, I grew up in the foster system and I have a very limited support system when it comes to taking care of my kids. For the past few years, I have worked hard to change my socioeconomic status so that my children and I can live more comfortably. I am a full-time student and I work full-time as well. Without the Boys & Girls Club’s scholarship program, I would not be able to go to school or work at my current job.”

By supporting the Boys & Girls Club and its scholarship program, you are doing a lot more than giving kids an amazing place to learn and play. You are giving families the opportunity to break the cycle of poverty. Every day, this mom shows her kids the value of hard work and that each person has the ability to change their lives for the better. But, we all know that sometimes, you need a little help along the way. That’s where you come in. Thanks to you, she can count on the Boys & Girls Club to help her through this time while she is getting the education she needs to change her family’s financial situation for good. Thank you for being there for her when she needs you the most.

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
Comments:

About Project Reports

Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.

If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.

Get Reports via Email

We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.

Organization Information

Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley

Location: Fountain Valley, CA - USA
Website:
Facebook: Facebook Page
Twitter: @bgchv
Project Leader:
Laura Portier-LaLumiere
Director of Development
Fountain Valley, California United States
$1,181 raised of $10,000 goal
 
32 donations
$8,819 to go
Donate Now
lock
Donating through GlobalGiving is safe, secure, and easy with many payment options to choose from. View other ways to donate

Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley has earned this recognition on GlobalGiving:

Help raise money!

Support this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page.

Start a Fundraiser

Learn more about GlobalGiving

Teenage Science Students
Vetting +
Due Diligence

Snorkeler
Our
Impact

Woman Holding a Gift Card
Give
Gift Cards

Young Girl with a Bicycle
GlobalGiving
Guarantee

Sign up for the GlobalGiving Newsletter

WARNING: Javascript is currently disabled or is not available in your browser. GlobalGiving makes extensive use of Javascript and will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript and refresh this page.