Since the start of our sport-social program for disadvantaged children and youths, including seminar, training, demonstrative and charity sports events, we organized a lot of specific tournaments and activities to promote physical, health and charity culture and to create opportunities for free and quality sport for everybody. We believe in the models “Sport with a Cause” and “Sporting is modern” and in 2015 we demonstrated how it could work – of course we are far from the thoughts that we did it in the best way, but … that’s why we hope to achieve even more in 2016 – together - and to finish our campaign! For this purpose, from the beginning of 2016 we already included many disadvantaged youths from Sofia, Bulgaria and from soon - from the periphery regions of our capital.
Now (from March to June) we included over 50 children and youths in our sports events like football and field hockey and gave them opportunity to play, train, teach and win…Again we had many amateur players and volunteers that participated in our sports events.
In months March - June, we realized one football charity tournament, 2 big tennis tournaments and 2 big periphery school demonstrations (in Sofia)! Only in the 2 big periphery school demonstrations we included over 50 different disadvantaged youths. You can follow these demonstrations - divided in field hockey and football - led by respective qualified instructors, in the attached pictures.
Out of our direct sports work - we continued with our research and scientific work and we are happy to share with some of our results - http://footura.com/index.php/category/pobeditel/nauka-i-sport/
We can continue following our unique model of social development only together with you!
2016 started very intensively for Association Footura. When we wished wonders by the Christmas tree and many new events with bigger sense and impact, we didn't expect that this year will start so positively.
In the first two months - January and February, we realized a football charity tournament, 2 big tennis tournaments and 3 big table tennis tournaments! Only for these events we included over 100 different persons from various ages:
Age 10-18: 25 %
Age 18-35: 54 %
Age 35-65: 16 %
Our main focus - youths - form our main participant base, and what is great - they are different in the different sports. Many of them - especially these ones that are under 18 years old, have not bad potential not only for excellent social inclusion and success through sport, but they have great chances even for successful sport career and realization. We are really happy that we can work with them, we can contribute for their technical and physical development, their mental development (through the role-model, cup-motivation, competition elements, etc.)
Here are the links from all the sports events in January and February 2016 - with descriptions, pictures, video (we try), statistics, etc.
Table tennis - http://footura.com/index.php/2016/01/18/zapaden-park-rules/
Tennis - http://footura.com/index.php/2016/01/25/stefano-1-2016-pochna-kakto-i-svyrshi-stefanos-otnovo-machka/
Football - http://footura.com/index.php/2016/02/01/11-otbora-110-uchastnika-1-dobro-delo/
Table tennis - http://footura.com/index.php/2016/02/07/gladiatorska-bitka-za-vtorata/
Tennis - http://footura.com/index.php/2016/02/22/stefanos-e-vse-po-silen-shampion/
Table tennis - http://footura.com/index.php/2016/02/29/tenis-na-masa-bum/
Out of our direct sports work - we continued with our research and scientific work and we are happy to share with you our first results - http://footura.com/index.php/category/pobeditel/nauka-i-sport/
March continues very well now and we hope to include 100 new persons for our activities during March, April and May!
We can continue following our unique model of social development only together with you!
Since the start of our sport-social program for disadvantaged children and youths, including seminar, training, demonstrative and charity sport events, we organized a lot of specific tournaments and activities to promote physical, health and charity culture and to create opportunities for free and quality sport for everybody. We believe in the models “Sport with a Cause” and “Sporting is modern” and in 2015 we demonstrated how it could work – of course we are far from the thoughts that we did it in the best way, but … that’s why we hope to achieve even more in 2016 – together!
We included over 150 children and youths in our sport events – football, field hockey, table tennis, tennis, football-table (djaga) and gave them opportunity to play, train, teach and win…Over 100 were amateur players that participated in our charity and demonstrative sport events.
2015 was they year when we started to form our own sport clubs – 1 football club and 1 field hockey club – as their first manifestations were a big demonstrative football tournament and 1 week later – a charity minifootball tournament and open demonstrative field hockey sessions – showing their innovative character in the understanding of the role of sport.
We started out sport scientific activities – in regards to increase theoretical knowledge of our coaches and specialists in the training and mentorship process.
In last days of December we managed to gather another donation of toys, clothes and sport tools for the children in one Home for children without parents near Sofia.
We already plan our activities for next year and for January, so for the first month of the year we plan
- charity tournament – minifootball
- open session in 2 Sofia schools – field hockey
- table tennis tournament
- tennis tournament
- open djaga demonstration
September - November 2015
Association Footura continues to develop the main idea for establishing of the whole model of our Sports Charity League in Sofia, Bulgaria. We believe in this unique model for using the sport as a social tool and for months September, October and November, we even exceeded our planned activities and in this regard we may divide our activities in this period on three main directions:
1. Tournaments from Footura Charity League
- 1 table tennis tournaments for amateurs and students - http://footura.com/index.php/2015/10/07/prijatelski-turniri/
- 4 amateur and children table tennis tournaments - http://footura.com/index.php/2015/10/07/tenis-na-masa/
- 1 students only table tennis tournaments – http://footura.com/index.php/2015/10/07/tenis-na-masa/ These tournaments can become two by tomorrow when we already signed over 15 players for the second Students Table tennis tournament.
And more - http://footura.com/?s=%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81+%D0%BD%D0%B0+%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B0
- 3 tennis tournaments for youths and amateurs - http://footura.com/index.php/events/single-tennis-league-xi/ ; http://footura.com/index.php/2015/10/26/georgi-petrov-cvetomir-cenkov-i-tihomir-jelev/ ; http://footura.com/index.php/2015/11/16/nedelja-den-na-maistora/
- Administrative support in the creating and total organizational know-how of football club – starting its participation in Bulgarian football structure – Sofia area, 4th level. The team started with an amateur male team and two children formations with over 40 kids – born 2000 and 2002.
2. Support and partnership in big national and international sports events to motivate children, youths and amateur to play more sports:
- Support and official partnership in the International Series of football-table (djaga) in Sofia, Bulgaria on 30.10 – 02.11.2015 - http://footura.com/index.php/2015/11/05/systoja-se-pyrvoto-svetovno-pyrvenstvo-po-djagi-v-bulgarija/ . There were representatives from Greece, Italy, Iran, Germany, Austria, Serbia, etc. and Association Footura participated in the forming of Prize fund of the whole event
- Support and official partnership in the second National championship of football-table (djaga) to be held on 29.11.2015 http://footura.com/index.php/2015/11/17/nacionalna-djagi-liga/ . Association Footura participates also in the forming of Prize fund of the whole event
- Technical, administrative and marketing support and partnership in the implementing of the minifootball Galaxy league in Bulgaria (it is league known in several other countries in Europe). The league started successfully in October 2015 and it will continue to April 2016 with the participation of over 10 teams and over 150 young people from Sofia and the environment. Association Footura participates also in the forming of Prize fund of the whole event http://footura.com/index.php/2015/10/29/evro-turnir-po-minifutbol-galaxy-league/
3. Start of our poll, research and scientific activity among students (aged 8 – 14) and sports clubs working with children and youths in Sofia and in the whole territory of Republic Bulgaria.
- We gathered and still gather many questionnaires from various sports clubs – both amateur and professional, sports organizations, schools, universities, etc. We gather many individual questionnaires from many students in Sofia (studying in various schools) as we used video, internet and direct (face-to-face) methods. A team of us started to examine the situation in Bulgarian family, street, school, sports club, municipality, state from the perspective of Sports conditions and opportunities (for children, youths and amateurs).
Yes, we know that we are only in the beginning of our activities but we think that we are on the right way.
We will be happy to receive your opinions and advices about our next step and what to include more in our planned activities. We do it all together. Thank you
Association Fuutura started its proclaimed activities in executing the idea of Footura Charity League, including several kinds of sports and aimed at children, teenagers and amateurs. The project activities currently developed (and planned) entirely in Sofia area - the capital of Bulgaria. For one month - since we have the funds received as donations from the platform GlobalGiving, we already realized two sporting events -
- A demonstrative trilateral football tournament (Football 11 or Soccer) with the participation of amateur football team from Sofia, veterans of the football giants "CSKA" Sofia and Team of stars and popular persons in Bulgaria - this tournament was held on 16.08.2015
You may find a lot of pictures of this great event in the below link
- A charity tournament of minifootball held on 22.08.2015, in support of the little Iva and in support of the home for children deprived of parental care in Doganovo - with participation of strong teams from minifootball leagues in Sofia.
You may find a lot of pictures of this great event in the above link
We plan ahead also the following events:
- Organization of a demonstrative football-table (djaga) tournament for children and youths - in early September
- Organization of table tennis tournaments for juniors and amateurs on 30.08.2015
- Organization of tennis tournaments - on 20.08.2015 (for amateurs) and 19.08.2015 (for veterans)
- Organization of a football tournament for children (boys and girls) and seminar program on the benefits of sport, on the benefits being tollerant and anti-discriminative persons and sportsmen - together with amateur football club from the city of Sofia.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.
We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.