Trust you are doing well and keeping safe and healthy.
2020 has been the most challenging year for our initiative, as it is impacting us on multiple fronts, briefly mentioned below
1) We are not able to connect to 2/3rd of our students who were with us at end of last academic year, due to their inability to benefit from online programs. They lack smart devices and/or good internet
2) Unavailability of good internet and good device for online study also impacts remaining 1/3rd of students who are joining us online. As due to that, the online experience is not very good for many of them. We are trying many new things to make it more interesting for them.
3) There is significant impact on livelihood of parents. Due to that, we have hardly received even 10% of school dues till Oct'20. Even more discouraging is, we are not sure when it will improve.
4) On the positive side, we received CBSE affiliation in July. We can now run class 9 and 10. We hope that if things improve for parents by Jan'21, we can have good admission numbers for next session.
5) Another positive note and heartfelt thanks to all our supporters, who continue to help us support our staff members with partial salary. Our finances are deeply impacted, and we are able to help our staff from April-Sep'20, only due to received donations by our wonderful supporters. Their help has enabled us to keep the initiative active and serve as many students we can.
We wish that some sense of normalcy returns soon to post Corona world, so that many children forced out of education and losing their interest, get a chance to get connected again. Also hope that regular cycle of education starts soon, making life simpler and more interesting for staff members and restoration of their just salaries once regular fees starts coming in.
We are attaching our latest newsletter. Kindly take a look and share your feedback.
Anshuman, Rupesh and VikashAttachments: