Caracas, March 2023
Every boy, girl and adolescent has the right to good health, that includes access to every vaccine necessary to maintain a healthy body and stable growth. At Hogar Bambi Venezuela we know that this is a fundamental aspect in the care of children. Together with governmental and non-governmental entities, they have given us their support for the vaccine and health system.
By December 2022, we have seen a 60% increase in children vaccinated against Hepatitis B, Rotavirsus, pentavalent, polio, yellow fever, influenza, COVID-19, among others. From the first moment a child or adolescent arrives at Hogar Bambi, we are interested in ensuring that they are healthy, and giving them their vaccinations is a right that each one of them has.
THANK YOU for all your support!
Alliances have been established with some health centers by appealing to their goodwill to anticipate emergency situations, medical conferences, medical needs, and obtaining good results for the health of the children cared for. These private-sector alliances do not imply an exoneration of costs, which ultimately continue increasing daily as in other economic sectors given the inflationary environment and payments must be made in foreign currency.
In this sense, given the current reality which have been aggravated by the global pandemic situation (COVID19), the request for funds is once again justified to continue supporting Health-related needs at Hogar Bambi Venezuela. Medical consultations, emergencies, hospitalizations, laboratory tests, ultrasound scans, X-rays, surgical interventions, physiotherapy, administration of vitamins and medicines are guaranteed, in addition to continuing to comply with the vaccination scheme, for the benefit of these children that have been deprived of family and whose only support comes from the institution.
Guarantee comprehensive medical care for all children and adolescents at Hogar Bambi Venezuela, through timely and specialized attention to problems that affect their physical, mental, and psychosocial health, in order to contribute to their evolutionary development and improve their individual and collective performance, which is paramount at Hogar Bambi.
This projects´s goal is to obtain the necessary resources to ensure medical care for institutionalized children and adolescents, covering areas such as: purchase of medicines, medical check-ups, interventions, immunizations, emergency care, among others, necessary for the diagnosis and follow-up of their health condition.
In the last 15 years in Venezuela there has been an increase in the number of public and private health facilities and an expansion of the national vaccination schedule, but there has also been a progressive deterioration of health services, especially in the public sector, the main recipient of low-income families, where most of the children who come to Hogar Bambi are born. As a result, today the public system suffers from the closure of medical services, shortage of medicines and supplies, specialists, among others. Due to these conditions, in order to access medical care, you usually have to resort to private services, where the medical consultations, examinations, hospitalization and surgery are very expensive.
Thank you very much!!
Over the past 15 years, there has been an increase in the number of public and private health establishments and an expansion of the national vaccination scheme, although at the same time, there has been a deterioration in the quality of health services, particularly in the public sector whose main recipients are low-income families, where most of the children at Hogar bambi are born into. As a result, the public health sector is characterized by frequent closure of medical services, shortages of medicines, supplies and specialists, among others. Because of these conditions, to access medical care, you usually have to resort to private services, which offer medical consultations, examinations, hospitalizations and surgical interventions at very high costs.
In this regard, Hogar Bambi has established alliances with some health centers, appealing to their goodwill in order to anticipate emergency situations, medical days, health service offers and therefore obtain positive outcomes for the children we serve and their health. These alliances which are private services means we are not exempt from costs, which increase daily and like other economic activities, payments must be made in foreign currency. In this sense, the current reality has been aggravated by the situation of global pandemic (COVID19).
We guarantee comprehensive medical care to all children and adolescents at Hogar Bambi Venezuela, through timely and specialized attention to problems that affect their physical, mental and psychosocial health, in order to contribute to their evolutionary development and improve their individual and collective performance.
At Hogar Bambi we continuously work for the wellbeing of our children and adolescents, focusing on medical treatment and prevention, as well as comprehensive healthcare, which are necessary to avoid risks associated with the covid-19 pandemic.
With our Pediatric Care Project, we cover costs associated with doctor’s visits, emergencies, hospitalizations, laboratory exams, X-rays and scans, surgical interventions, physical therapy, administration of medication and vitamins, as well as adhering to recommended vaccine schedules in order to support children that have been deprived of a family structure and whose only support comes from Hogar Bambi.
We guarantee that all children and adolescents at Hogar Bambi Venezuela receive comprehensive medical care, with timely and specialized attention to address problems that may affect their physical, mental and psycho-social health, which is critical for their evolutionary development as well as their individual and collective adaptation and resiliency.
During 2021, the Pediatric Care Project undertook the following medical-related activities:
1. Parasite prevention: days were set aside for lice and parasite prevention for Area C, including treating 12 girls that prevented transmission among other children.
2. Treatment of anthropometry: 4 days were set aside for anthropometrical evaluations for all children and adolescents in our care (Bambi Main House, Bambi House 2, Bambi House 3, Bambi House 4 and Bambi House 5), which encompasses a variety of human body measurements that reflect general health status, dietary adequacy and growth and development.
3. Targeted immunizations: carried out a day of vaccinations for chickenpox for children residing in the Bambi Main house and vaccinations for the flu for adolescents (Bambi House 2 and Bambi House 4).
4. Treatment and care for severe infections: medical attention provided to address respiratory infections with the presence of bronchial hyperactivity, bronchiolitis, meningitis, bilateral and unilateral parotitis in five (5) children, which included a 5-month-old which was hospitalized with bronchiolitis for 6 days.
5. General medical attention: during September and October, we provided medical monitoring for 92 children and adolescents cared for by Hogar Bambi, which included 8 children that recently arrived and needed initial clinical evaluations.
6. Pediatric visits: 129 ongoing medical check-ups for healthy children and 328 internal medical consultations, with rapid recovery of all affected children.
7. Specialized medical consultations: 30 specialized medical check-ups including obstetrics/gynecology, endocrinology, urology, ophthalmology, neurology, otolaryngology, genetics, nephrology, pediatric dentistry, dermatology, among others, which are critical for the diagnosis and monitoring of pathologies that can affect the children and adolescents of Hogar Bambi.
8. Laboratory exams: 60 laboratory exams were realized (general profile, Hep B, HIV, VDRL, urine and stool tests, blood sugar level, insulin, calcium, creatinine, uric acid formation, urine culture, PCR, central venous blood gas analysis, among others). The condition of some of the children prompted several tests.
9. Ultrasound studies: 20 diagnostic studies performed, especially chest X-rays, rhino pharynx X-rays, X-rays to determine bone age, abdominal ultrasounds, ultrasound of soft tissue in the body, radiology labs, as requested by medical specialists.
10. Surgical interventions: two surgeries were completed, including a cystectomy of a left ovary and ventricular hypertrophy of the left labia in an eleven-year-old; and varicocele repair in 17-year-old adolescent. Both cases had satisfactory resolutions.
11. Eye care: five children benefited from eye examinations, which led to the use of eyeglasses.
12. Acquired medication for the treatment and care for ongoing health needs: including allergy medicines, seizure drugs for children, antibiotics, cold and flu medication, among others.
13. General vaccines: administered 99 vaccine doses to 82 children and adolescents to address infection control y preventable diseases.
Project Reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you will get an e-mail when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports via e-mail without donating.
We'll only email you new reports and updates about this project.
Support this important cause by creating a personalized fundraising page.Start a Fundraiser