8 - Sao benedito, from Breves (PA)
We are happy to inform the results from the effort of the Vaga Lume team to track the performance of its 158 libraries in the Amazon region.
We have developed a questionnaire to collect information about the functioning of each library and we are glad the local teams of each municipality have understood the importance of this mapping. They have joined a task force to visit all the rural communities and fill in the questionnaire together with the library volunteers.
We have received 150 questionnaires from the 158 active libraries!
According to the results we obtained, we have ranked the libraries and we are now able to see where the community is more involved with the methodology of the Expedition Programme. Based on their use of Reading Mediation, their style of community management of the library and their actions to valorise local culture, we can determine where our work has been more effective and which our priorities are in 2015. Ranking will provide us with a broader understanding of our impact and will allow us to improve performance, which will lead to a greater impact in the future.
The 10 Best Vaga Lume Libraries of 2014 are:
1) Yawisa - Iauaretê, from São Gabriel da Cachoeira (AM)
2) Boa Vista – PTR, from Oriximiná (PA)
3) Menino Deus – Rio Anapu, from Portel (PA)
4) Tracajatuba I, from Macapá (AP)
5) Comunidade Tunú, from São Gabriel da Cachoeira (AM)
6) Quilombo Damásio, from Guimarães (MA)
7) Campina de São Benedito, from Macapá (AP)
8) São benedito, from Breves (PA)
9) Marará, from Barcelos (AM)
10) São Miguel (São Tomé), from Portel (PA)
Thank you for supporting us and making it all possible!
We wish you all the kindness you have provided to our children from the Amazon!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Vaga Lume Team
3 - Menino Deus - Rio Anapu, from Portel (PA)
4 - Tracajatuba I, from Macapa (AP)
6 - Quilombo Damasio, from Guimaraes (MA)
1 - Yawisa Iauarete, from Sao Gabriel da Cachoeira
7 - Campina de Sao Benedito, from Macapa (AP)