Food distribution at Baglihar Village, Mithi, Thar
Dear Valuable and Generous Sir/Madam,
We would like to extend a thank you again for the donations that you sent to us to fulfill a project of "Providing Clean Water to 500 Famlies in the Desert".
This, is a follow-up report on the current status of your donation, and the project itself.
Let me review the requirements that had to be realized, before the initial procurement:
1) 1 well covers 50 families of 8 persons each. Costing approx USD 999/- with 1 year maintenance cost included.
2) The work cannot start without procuring atleast 3 water wells @$999/- i.e. $2997/-
3) The more time we spend in raising funds, the costs keep multiplying due to multiple global market conditions. Since equipment costs and labour costs are market and time dependent. Incase, the costs get lower, we are also bound to inform you of it. However, unfortunately the costs just keep rising as we speak.
4) We need your help and full support to help our fellow "underserved human of the world" to atleast get access to clean drinkable water. In the desert of Thar, there is no water on shallow ground, except for heavily brackish salty unusable water in drying pockets.
Now, the progress so far has been consistent, but slow. However, we believe that with mutual coordination, we can raise the required funds, and create a much better living status for these 50-500 families.
1) So far, only $458.55 (after GlobalGiving charges) were raised thru GlobalGiving Funds raising in the past 6 months! This is half the amount needed to fund 1 water well.
2) Time is running short, and we need to fulfill the least viable fund amount of $2997/- for 3 water wells that will serve approx 150 families.
3) Please spread the word and please gather your generous and empathetic families and friends to help support this very important and urgent project.
4) People are actually dying out there due to starvation!
I write this with heavy heart, that we are still short of funds, and need more and more beautiful humble and extremely generous people to come forward and support our project soon.
The best gift anyone can give on this Thanksgiving and Christmas is a gift of life!
God Bless All
Team Greet for Cause Foundation.
Food distribution at Goth Zero, Jati Border Villag
Project reports on GlobalGiving are posted directly to globalgiving.org by Project Leaders as they are completed, generally every 3-4 months. To protect the integrity of these documents, GlobalGiving does not alter them; therefore you may find some language or formatting issues.
If you donate to this project or have donated to this project, you can recieve an email when this project posts a report. You can also subscribe for reports without donating.