Foundation for Community Development Association (FCDA) is a non-profit organization which attained legal status in 2017 with headquarters in Limbe, Cameroon. FCDA has an operational office in Mile 3, Nkwen, Bamenda, the North West region of the country.
The organization is gradually recovering from the effects of the crisis in the Country.
Confidence in business activities on a rising especially in the Littoral Region as there is mass movement from the inhabitants of South West region in the country.
We secured a partnership with techsoup.org as well as Netsquared.org on organizing events that can introduce technological assistance to our Organization.
GlobalGiving resource library has been a great value to our organization as well as membership has improved visibility. We look forward to step up our efforts and to promote our organizations by following up with events of GlobalGiving across the globe.
I am incredibly grateful for workbook titled ‘Digital Fundraising Strategy Worksheet- A planning resource for Nonprofits.
We are also doing data collection and needs assessment geared towards improving value chains in agriculture, financial inclusion, and creation of jobs and development of communities. We have reached out to upwards of 1,000 farmers, self-help-Groups, traders, students, and other institutions as well as agencies.
We are seeking more funding and improve on our campaigns to get interconnected, network, create values and improve on our tools.
This reports spans for a quarter (3 months).
- Partnership with Tech soup Organization and Net squared a partner to Tech soup.
- Our agricultural trading platform received modifications on some of the features. We are targeting 300 articles to be traded in our network by the close of this year 2019.
- We shall be hosting our first event on Digital Fundraising on the 8/8/2019. This will be an event to get people involved in Non-Governmental Organizations in the country.
- No fund was raised through our GlobalGiving Platform.
- Political instability in the country stalling major actions.
- Inadequate revenue sources
- Inadequate ICT tools and farming equipment.
- Upcoming Activities
- Preparing for the year end Giving Tuesday campaign
- Evaluate our Digital Fundraising Strategy on the 8/8/2019
- Creation of a sample farm in Littoral Region 20/8/2019.
- Partnerships with other organizations enabling advancement in work
- Political situation improving in the country and will enable multiple partnerships and improve on our Asset acquisition and management.
We appreciate the work of GlobalGiving team as they are very responsive to our project. We are benefiting from training resources, and recognition from many communities. We are pleading that GG puts in much effort for us to raise funds through the crowdfunding platform. Looking forward to keeping you updated with our project reports.