| Jun 16, 2023
Dear GlobalGiving Community,
For the past four months, part of our focus has been on building new partnerships. This was thanks to the credibility we have build over time, the impact we are creating on the ground and the potential of the human capital we are developing together. More specifically, we had the following new partnership engagements to promote our shared vision:
- Enko Education with the mission to increase access to the world's leading universities through high-quality international education, partnered with us to reach more high-achieving low income students in Cameroon for their scholarship scheme. The scholarship winners will enjoy mentorship from Open Dreams and Enko Education. This comes to add to other partnerships with the UREGA Foundation, the Jumbam Family Foundation and lots more with similar missions.
- We partnered with Hope for Cameroon (HfC), an International NGO led by Open Dreams Scholars and partners, to run our first Summer Academy in Douala, the Economic Capital of Cameroon. This program will target mostly the Internally Displaced Persons as a result of the ongoing war in parts of Cameroon.
- We partnerered with the Information and Communication Technology University (ICT-U) in Yaounde, Cameroon to work on supporting young creative minds as they work on tech startups (incubation). This partnership targets secondary/high schools and university students.
- We had a great engagement with the High Commission of the United Kingdom in Cameroon to foster climate action through our partner organization, Game Changers. We also discussed collaboration in many areas in line with the SDGs.
- We build more university partnerships and over 20 of our students have had scholarships thanks to such productive partnerships.
As we look forward to organizing our summer academy for the 2023, there are a lot more great things to write about, but for now, we just want to take a moment to thank you for your support over the years. We hope you continue to stand by us as we work on changing lives. Teamwork makes the dream work.
Open Dreams is one of the safe spaces for girls
One of our graduate scholars at work
Discussing internship plans and impact research