This project will provide education, give food and health care to over 164 orphans who were rescued under very difficult conditions and given a place they can call home. Bread without Borders Orphans Support Project is running the only non-formal school in the slums caring for orphans with special needs.
Once rescued, these orphans are given basic education, vocational training , counseling and love. The center has rescued and supported over 80 orphans who could have ended up in crime.
There are over 1,000 destitute and orphan children roaming the slums of Manyatta and its environs. The worst affected are children below 5 years who are forced by circumstances to drop out of school due to hunger and lack of proper care back at home. The crisis we have as a project is lack of food and basic needs to keep the orphans in school. If the project is funded, the above mentioned problem will be 75% saved. The main beneficiaries here will be the orphans and vulnerable children.
The project will do the following to solve the problem
1. Rescue the affected children.
2. Give the orphans education, food and health care.
3. Train the children in life skills such as , woodwork, Tailoring, IT.
4.Give the children canceling to help the understand why they are living in the condition where they are.
If funded, the following long term effect will be realized;
1. Street children will be dramatically reduced.
2. Most of the children will at leased have basic education
3. Child prostitution will be reduced.
4. These children will be trained on Carpentry and other subjects hence making them self reliance.