We are thrilled to report that, thanks to your donations during GlobalGiving's Open Challenge, Maison de la Gare has earned a permanent spot on GlobalGiving.org. This is enormously important as Maison de la Gare works to diversify the association's sources of revenue, to provide a sustainable long-term base for its work to improve the lives of the begging talibé children and to give them hope for a productive future as contributing members of Senegalese society.
We received 71 donations during the open challenge, for a total of $5,032 :
- 1 donor provided the funds to support a teacher in Maison de la Gare's Saint Louis center for one year ... $1,300.
- 20 donors dedicated their contributions to offering nutritious food for the talibé students ... $1,010.
- 5 donors contributed funds for gloves, sutures, compresses, bandages, cotton, alcohol, betadine soap, etc. for the infirmary in the Maison de la Gare center ... $360.
- 6 donors supported the monthly soccer tournaments for the talibés ... $240.
- 2 donors designated their support for registering and supporting talibé students in formal schooling ... $180.
- 1 donor financed purchase of a djembe drum for the music program ... $80.
- 36 donors contributed funds for use where most needed ... $1,862.
Maison de la Gare appreciates this support enormously, and will keep you informed in these reports of the project's progress.
We hope very much that you will continue to be our partners in our commitment to the talibés.