The Caribbean Education Foundation, Inc. (CEF) provides poor children with meaningful access to education. Its current mission country is Jamaica.
The goals of CEF are three-fold:
1. Bridge the financial gap to education to enable school attendance
2. Bridge the nutrition gap to education to enhance learning
3. Bridge the computer technology and literacy gap to education to compete global
To meet goals 1-2, CEF awards scholarships to pay school fees, books, lunch & bus fares.
Hundreds of thousands of children in Jamaica do not have access to technology and possess low literacy skills. As a result of extreme poverty, thousands of Jamaican students, including many CEF Scholarship recipients, are unable to conduct research at home for homework, because they lack computers, regular electricity and/or internet access in their homes. And, the few children with computers are unable to print their papers and projects at home due to a lack of printers.
This CEF Learning Center will address the educational needs of thousands of children in Kingston, Jamaica and provide them with the opportunity to excel in school, succeed in the community and thrive in the global world.
1. Computer Technology Center - Free computer literacy training
2. Homework Center - reliable electricity and space to do assigned projects and print
3. Tutoring Center - Literacy, Mathematics, Science, GSAT Prep and CXC Prep
4. Library, Literacy and Reading Center
The CEF Learning Center will enable thousands of underprivileged children to thrive in Jamaica and compete in a global world. Through a solid education foundation, communities of Kingston will be transformed as students will possess important tools to improve their conditions. CEF's goal is to produce and increase the number and caliber of the region's intellectual capital. We provide children the opportunity to lift themselves out of poverty, change their own lives and transform the world.