list of project in need of support
Often the major component of the Hurricane that is visible, concerning and emotionally compelling is the stark destruction of nature in the first days of the event. In the aquamarine blue of the tropical coast of carribean countries, it is difficult to maintain a relative understanding of the long-term aspect of the process of an adequate response. Beyond the urgency to save lives, recovering livelihood, there is also rehabilitation: Going back to where the people's operations, land, environment was before the disaster. With a dynamic media with more gust for trivia, we lose sight of so much. For countries like Haiti in the thrust of the natural events like earthquake and hurricane, storms, they take a serious step back in every aspect especially that of survival and development..
Long term building was redefined when the earthquake hit in 2010. However, since the earthquake, Haiti has suffered many other hurricanes like Sandy, Mathews, Maria that further destroyed the land, reduce the housing stock, increase lost of property and increase poverty.
We have created a partnership that is facilitating our long-term rebuilding objectives. The W. K. Kellogg Foundation join in partnership to enhance revenue producing activities in a region of the South Department where we have 21 projects distressed by hurricanes from 2016 and still in disrepair. This new partnership gives the Lambi fund the opportunity to operationalize 9 projects and recover their revenue activities to :
- return them to the previous level of activity lost two years before in 2016.
- decreasing level of poverty in the area
- Improving production of food and transformation of goods
- increasing grain storage capacity in the area.
The following organizations with a membership of 1241 (1241 familieswith an average of four children for a total of 4964 lives touched) will increase their production capacities as indicated below:
- Union des Planteurs pour le development de PICO (UPLADEP) for grain storage and Ox-plowing capacity
- An Chanje Lakay Pa n (ACHLAP), Mouvman Fratenite Major (MFM), TKL Romero, Movement Peyizan Lafrezilye (MPL), Oganizasyon Peyizan Bercy Kloma (OPBK) for Ox-plowing
- Oganizasyon Peyizan pou devlopman Twa Mango (OPDTM) for animal Husbandry goat breeding
- Koordinasyon Peyisan Mak (KPM) for environment, reforrestation
- Oganizasyon pou devlopman Robert (ODRO) for milling rice
It is your donation that has enabled the Lambi Fund to provide the training and the administrative support needed to realize the goal of improving those organizations, these ffamilies and these communities.
THANK YOU for helping us have a successful journey to fuly recover from the storms.