| Jul 26, 2023
Long Term Rebuilding Phase 2 update
The governance of Haiti is still in turmoil. While most of it is confined to Port au Prince, the rural communities can be impacted, especially in regards to transportation. Current situation:
• The political situation of the country often inhibits full follow-up of the rural projects
• Sometimes there is a slight delay in materials needed
• Product prices are very expensive (inflation), and as a result, women's trade has not grown/developed as well as anticipated.
• The insecurity in their home area sometimes does not allow them to buy supplies when they would like to do so.
Despite the challenges, the members persist and describe the positive impact of the project:
• Women's small businesses are strengthened
• Women have more autonomy in their activities
• More resources to care for families and rebuild
• Increased organizational management capacity
• More visibility in the area for the rural organizations and its members
Several organizations have asked Lambi Fund to give another installment as soon as possible. This would allow more members to participate and also the beneficiaries would earn more money to rebuild. We are raising funds to be able to do that and reach more members.